Memphis

GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
edited May 2014 in Strut Central
One day smash n grab digging excursion tomorrow? What's good in town?

Rendezvous vs. Central

Shangrila vs Goner vs. private dealers

What's really real?

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Paging Hookup?

• countmaculacountmacula 196 Posts
    I went to Shangri La and found a lot of cool stuff including a Fela record that I had been looking for.
    I also went to Blues Cafe on the corner of Beale st. Sounds corny but it's not. Get the ribs!

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Guzzo said:

Rendezvous vs. Central

What's really real?

Neither Rendezvous nor Central...these 3 are the best: Cozy Corner, BBQ Shop, and Payne's. Any of those 3.

Shops and dealers are good choices...in addition to Shangri La and Goner, try Audiomania and Jerry's.

Cosign on the Gus's. For breakfast, Bryant's or Uncle Junipers

Stax museum is worth your time. Lorraine Motel for some heaviness. Buccaneer for beers and a highly probable Jim Dandy sighting.
    Wild Bill's for the southern juke joint experience...just remember, they only sell 40s and there is no "dope smoking"(strict rule)!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    The_Hook_Up said:
    Guzzo said:

Rendezvous vs. Central

What's really real?

Neither Rendezvous nor Central...these 3 are the best: Cozy Corner, BBQ Shop, and Payne's. Any of those 3.

Shops and dealers are good choices...in addition to Shangri La and Goner, try Audiomania and Jerry's.

Cosign on the Gus's. For breakfast, Bryant's or Uncle Junipers

Stax museum is worth your time. Lorraine Motel for some heaviness. Buccaneer for beers and a highly probable Jim Dandy sighting.
    Wild Bill's for the southern juke joint experience...just remember, they only sell 40s and there is no "dope smoking"(strict rule)!

Good help made simple. Shangri-la tomorrow, goner after. If you're a dealer and want to slang raers my way hit me up and make me waste money

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I am assuming you are still into the jheri curl core...one of the Memphix dudes deals in that, but mostly 45s...you're more of an LP fella though, right?

• BowlsBowls 28 Posts
    Just got back to Nashville after a weekend in Memphis with my wife.

Had to go to Central BBQ again and also had a great burger at Huey's in Midtown.

Grabbed a few things off my want list at Goner and Shangri-La. The $50 Bohannon Stop and Go on the wall was tempting, but I had to pass. As I've said for the last 10 years, "That'll eventually show up here in Nashville."

The owner at Shangri-La passed me a stone-mint copy of Blackrock's "Yeah Yeah"for $100. I think it's still sitting behind the counter.

We're aiming to get back there for a Grizz game next fall/winter. Great fucking city and next time I'm bringing more cash and hopefully headed toward a private dealer's collection.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    Bowls said:

Huey's in Midtown.

Good burgers!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Just got back from Memphis, been filming between there and Jackson, Mississippi for the last 3 months but did not get a chance to really eat, dig, see the city til now.

Central is good, Rendevouz is better

Beale Street is tourist/ douche city at night

Shangri-la is the truth same goes for Goner

here's some pictures of records I picked up