Fargo - the remix

Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
edited April 2014 in Strut Central
Can you dig it?

I thought the first ep was pretty good. How it will continue to play out, don't know, but I enjoyed it.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, it's a tv version of Fargo on FX. Coen brothers exec produce.

Comments

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    Two eps in and I still think it's pretty good.

I'll post weekly with the hopes that maybe someone else is watching.

• been leery about this one, mostly because i feel burned by too many series lately (true detective, mad men, etc.) and the movie was fucking perfect. i mean, i have been to fargo and they nailed it.

does it follow the same plot or is it just a riff on the movie?

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I watched the first episode missed the second. Thought it was good but not great.

• SaracenusSaracenus 671 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    been leery about this one, mostly because i feel burned by too many series lately (true detective, mad men, etc.) and the movie was fucking perfect. i mean, i have been to fargo and they nailed it.

does it follow the same plot or is it just a riff on the movie?

It's a prequel. Takes place before the movie.

Ok, just read that it set in the Fargo world and occurs after the movie. So far the wife and I are impressed. Can't wait for episode 3.

• toby.dtoby.d 254 Posts
    I'm loving this show. Freeman's accent holds up and Billy Bob Thornton is very naughty and funny. An hour and a half was a long time for a first episode but I thought it was gripping throughout, hope it maintains momentum. Who knows what the drums were at the beginning of the second episode?!