Captain America Winter Soldier

motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
edited April 2014 in Strut Central
Is the shit! Saw an early showing today. Was a great movie.

There are two secret endings. The second is at the very end and is only worth it for nerds.

Also Marvin Gaye and Pulp Fiction make guest appearances.

Go see it.

Comments

• SaracenusSaracenus 671 Posts
    My wife and I are looking forward to seeing it soon.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    imma check it monday morning

• Must see.

motown67 said:
    Is the shit!

"Stephen Strange is a threat...."

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I am super geeked about this.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    batmon said:

yep. i geeked.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    also, troubleman montage in a marvel movie.

SIRUS said:
    also, troubleman montage in a marvel movie.

Im gonna nitpick this selection.......

Why would Cap need the soundtrack to another film to "get up on the times"?
    I dont know any social commentary on that album to mesh with the time adjustment Wilson is addressing?

Trouble seems so level 2.......w Whats Goin On a level 1.

Is it strictly a "oh is Marvin, and its cool", left of field Big Chill-esque writers pick?
    Is the theme song that quasi-auto biographical?

And could it have been Life Is A Gamble.......(or an album cut)at least? Or regular folks would have been like HUH?

Tell that muthafucka to get with the times and listen to Here My Dear, for the get on my level steez.

Nerdery Level Rant.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I know the Troubleman OST but not the movie. Looking it up on Wikipedia however its about a P.I. who is hunted by both the criminals and cops so when they referenced it in the movie they were foreshadowing that Captain America was going to be like the Trouble Man character.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    batmon said:

About fucking time too.

Question: in the US, is Doc Strange generally thought of a minor/marginal figure in the Marvel universe? During my serious comic-book years, he was one of my favourite characters, but I hear nowadays that he's not considered especially significant anymore.

DocMcCoy said:
    batmon said:

About fucking time too.

Question: in the US, is Doc Strange generally thought of a minor/marginal figure in the Marvel universe? During my serious comic-book years, he was one of my favourite characters, but I hear nowadays that he's not considered especially significant anymore.

Kids dont care about Strange, but Marvel through the years have kept him important.

He had that TV special in the late 70's when Spider-Man/Captain America/Hulk was on on TV.

They tried to make him younger in the 90's. They let Brother Voodoo be the sorcerer supreme for a while.

He had a Animated Film a couple of years ago. And is in the Illuminati w/ the biggest thinkers in Marvel -
    - Reed Richards, Tony Stark, The Beast, T'Challa, Blackbolt......

He's really a B+ - Level hero.

They wouldnt do Defenders (which is my shit), so since the Avengers are now all the best names in Marvel under one team, he could sneak into Avengers 3.

Stan Lee wants to see him done before he passes away.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    they (marvel) are gonna do defenders as a series on netflix. we are living in crazy times.

SPOILER ALERT

The twins in the first secret ending are Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    motown67 said:
    SPOILER ALERT

The twins in the first secret ending are Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch.

Not exactly a spoiler. Anyone reading anything about A2:Age of Ultron knows what's coming. Never got the whole spoiler thing. The commercials pretty much show the end of every movie anyhow.

Liked the tie in to this weeks episode of SHIELD. SHIELD had been pretty bad up until now and they really stepped it up the last 2 weeks. I knew Bill Paxton was (SPOILER ALERT) going to be a bad guy but I wasn't expecting him to be the head bad guy.

yeah the show has been boosted by the film, but im wondering how it goes since there is no shield.

i liked how the hydra symbol appeared instead of the shield logo to announce the commercial break.

and Ward is still gonna report to Colson despite looking like he defected........my prediction.

• Fred_GarvinFred_Garvin The land of wind and ghosts 337 Posts

I just took Friday, May 9 off so I can go into the city and watch this and Spider-Man 2 in relatively empty theaters. Now I need to get some green. My old connect crapped out on me.

DB_Cooper said:
    I just took Friday, May 9 off so I can go into the city and watch this and Spider-Man 2 in relatively empty theaters. Now I need to get some green. My old connect crapped out on me.

Dang....a whole month from now??? I dont know if i can hold back the spoilers.

:micro:

I'm not going to see Spider Man 2. That whole series has been a train wreck for me. They still can't successfully do the love story and the last one's ending with all the construction workers aligning their cranes so Spider Man can get to the fight was so ridiculous I thought I was sitting in a children's movie.

batmon said:
    DB_Cooper said:

I want to see it now, but Tess and I made a pact where she gets a whole day to herself this weekend, then I get a whole day to myself (sans baby), and I want to maximize my movie-going opportunity. Going to get skull-numbingly fried (if I can) and get my weekday movie on. What's the best imax spot in Manhattan? Isn't there one over by Lincoln Center?

DB_Cooper said:
    batmon said:
    DB_Cooper said:

I want to see it now, but Tess and I made a pact where she gets a whole day to herself this weekend, then I get a whole day to myself (sans baby), and I want to maximize my movie-going opportunity. Going to get skull-numbingly fried (if I can) and get my weekday movie on. What's the best imax spot in Manhattan? Isn't there one over by Lincoln Center?

AMC Lowes Kips Bay
    570 Second Ave
    Btween 32th and 31th

Clean & not as crazy as the Lincoln Cinemas which is a popular joint for everybody from uptown and midtown.

Kips Bay has a gang of bars around them too. Midtown East side bars though.....

Lincoln Cinemas is easier to get to and walkable from Columbus Circle.

motown67 said:
    I'm not going to see Spider Man 2. That whole series has been a train wreck for me. They still can't successfully do the love story and the last one's ending with all the construction workers aligning their cranes so Spider Man can get to the fight was so ridiculous I thought I was sitting in a children's movie.

I'm not super-excited to see it, but I want to get my free time's worth. I wish Guardians of the Galaxy was out then. I'm kinda excited for that one.

• Fred_GarvinFred_Garvin The land of wind and ghosts 337 Posts
    batmon said:

AMC Lowes Kips Bay
    570 Second Ave
    Btween 32th and 31th

Co-sign, that's a theater I don't mind going to at all... and I rarely go out to movies anymore.

• batmon said:
    Stan Lee wants to see him done before he passes away.

I want Stan to live another 30 years.

He may well be the greatest living American.

batmon said:
    yeah the show has been boosted by the film, but im wondering how it goes since there is no shield.

i liked how the hydra symbol appeared instead of the shield logo to announce the commercial break.

and Ward is still gonna report to Colson despite looking like he defected........my prediction.

It's hard to piece together where it's going. In the TV show it's horrible and they think Nick is dead, but the movie they defeat HYDRA's big plan so it's not that bad. Other than all the death and destruction. But, Nick's alive and HYDRA's been exposed.

Cosine on the HYDRA symbol at the commercial break. Made me smile.

Ward finally got interesting. If he comes back to the group it will make for some good viewer tension.

• SaracenusSaracenus 671 Posts
    Finally saw it with the wife. I liked it a lot. She liked Iron Man 3 better. We are going to watch Thor 2 soon, let's see if that is the tie breaker...

Don't know if it's appropriate to turn this into a SHIELD TV show thread, but.......

I was getting a bad feeling watching last weeks re-run that Ward was going to be the Killer with the heart of gold. The guitar music playing on Ward and Skye's phone call was god awful.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    volumen said:
    the Killer with the heart of gold.

After the talk in thsi thread I decided to watch the last 4-5 episodes of Agents of Shield to see what was what. I too liked the tie in with the movie with Hydra but besides that there isn't enough going on in that show to keep my interest.