Musicians who write their own wikipedia pages

shawnald_reaganshawnald_reagan 318 Posts
edited April 2014 in Strut Central
Hey all,

I was recently researching the Montclairs and came across Phil Perry's wiki page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Perry) and I as I read it I got the distinct impression that he had written it himself. Details like:

"On September 11, 2001, Perry was scheduled to perform at the World Trade Center, for the lunch hour jazz concerts between 11 am and 1 pm. His 5th solo album Magic was released that day, as well. As fate would have it, Perry was spared the devastation of the terrorist attacks on the two towers. However, for the next six years, he sunk into an artistic depression, and did not record again until invited by long time friend, Don Grusin, who he joined for a collaborative venture titled "THE HANG"."

So specific and so strange and unintentionally hilarious. Anybody know of any other wiki pages (musician or otherwise) that seem like they've been written by their subject?

Comments

• they are a dime a dozen. i am certain there is some bullshit cottage industry of hack writers who put these things together on behalf of their clients.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    My money's on hemol.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    I forget why, but for some reason I was looking at the page history of DJ Spooky's Wiki page and saw that he had been banned from editing his page because he had done so like 200 times.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    dukeofdelridge said:
    My money's on hemol.

WIN