No more new mixes on soulstrut?

disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
edited April 2014 in Strut Central
I just tried to upload a new mix and realized the "Submit a mix" function has disappeared. I remember Raj to say some time ago, the mixes section swallowed a lot of space on the server but if the functionality is reduced to external links only, this shouldn't be the problem.
So, is it a bug, a timeout or shall there be no more new mixes on the site?

BTW, this is the one I was about to post:

Closer Together by Skoluda on Mixcloud

Comments

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey Disco_Che,

Here is one I posted a couple of weeks ago: Super Soul Saturday Mix - Big Stacks I too found that I could not post it in the mix thread. Enjoy!!! I'll listen to yours some time this week. Thanks for posting it, as I really enjoy your mixes.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    Hey Stacks,

just started listening to your mix, sounds great so far. Robert Patterson Singers, yeah. I used to play that one a lot for a long time about 12 years ago and haven't heard it again since then. Funny enough, the situation you described, that made you record that very selection of songs sounds just like how it happened with my mix. One of the first really warm sundays of the year and I a lot of positive energy was set free. I found some late 60s til mid 70s soul would be the perfect vehicle to express this feeling. I even was about to call the mix "Soul Sunday" at the beginning. So I guess, this is a good exchange of mixes and moods.

Thanks for listening and appreciating my mixes. Makes me happy to hear that.

Keep on doing what you're doing.

Cheers Che

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    Bump.

Still no info about the current state of the Soulstrut mixes section. Won't there be any new mixes? What has happened?

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I thought it was determined that it took up space. And cats arent poppin' them out like before.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I nixed them due to the lack of hits / overabundance of crap. The mixes used to be a very special place before the proliferation of Mixclouds, Soundclouds, etc. It will exist as an archive here on out.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    RAJ said:
    I nixed them due to the lack of hits / overabundance of crap. The mixes used to be a very special place before the proliferation of Mixclouds, Soundclouds, etc. It will exist as an archive here on out.

Did the proliferation of mixcloud/soundcloud, etc make it less special because the mixes are no longer exclusive to SoulStrut? I always assumed that having soulstrut mixes on those sites might help inform others about the existence of soulstrut; if the mixes had a link to the site, perhaps.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    JectWon said:
    I always assumed that having soulstrut mixes on those sites might help inform others about the existence of soulstrut; if the mixes had a link to the site, perhaps.

Has attendance increased?

• TheKindCromangTheKindCromang 1,463 Posts
    RAJ said:
    It will exist as an archive here on out.

I commend the "time capsule" tidyness of this decision.

The completest in me appreciates that I can now successfully listen to EVERY mix on Soul Strut!

:off_the_wall:

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    batmon said:
    JectWon said:
    I always assumed that having soulstrut mixes on those sites might help inform others about the existence of soulstrut; if the mixes had a link to the site, perhaps.

Has attendance increased?

I dunno...doubt it. But I don't know if anyone has been posting links to SoulStrut in their mixcloud/soundcloud mix notes. Would've been a nice requiremen...if you wanted to post a mix to SS you'd have to link to the site via whatever tool you used. All a moot point now, I guess.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    JectWon said:
    RAJ said:

Did the proliferation of mixcloud/soundcloud, etc make it less special because the mixes are no longer exclusive to SoulStrut? I always assumed that having soulstrut mixes on those sites might help inform others about the existence of soulstrut; if the mixes had a link to the site, perhaps.

Like anything on the net today in this social media frenzied world, people got desensitized to the mix section. Posting a mix in 2005 was an event. Now it's like blahhh.

Signed... salty dude.