It seems like big news that kimye was in the cover of
Vogue, but I don't get it.

Kanye and Kim are celebrities.

Celebrities go on magazine covers.

Vogue is a magazine.

What the hell am I missing?

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I systematically unfollowed everyone in my FB feed to posted something about this.

still not sure what the story is.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Are they both on the cover or just her?
    I haven't seen or heard much about it.
    Given LeBron - a non-fashion world male - was on the cover, not sure why Kanye, mr leather skirt, would be a big deal. Kimmie, on the other hand, is considered trash by fashion folks and can only put together an haute outfit after Kanye has picked it out for her. It is probably considered to be *below* Vogue (lolololol) to have her on the cover.

Vapid shitting on vapid. Meh.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    I systematically unfollowed everyone in my FB feed to posted something about this.

still not sure what the story is.

haha.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    bassie said:
    Are they both on the cover or just her?
    I haven't seen or heard much about it.
    Given LeBron - a non-fashion world male - was on the cover, not sure why Kanye, mr leather skirt, would be a big deal. Kimmie, on the other hand, is considered trash by fashion folks and can only put together an haute outfit after Kanye has picked it out for her. It is probably considered to be *below* Vogue (lolololol) to have her on the cover.

Vapid shitting on vapid. Meh.

Yeah, this is it, more or less. Kim is considered insufficiently "fash" (if indeed "fash" at all) to warrant a Vogue cover on her own merits, and the word from the haute-couture trenches is that Anna Wintour has done/was asked to do this as a favour to Kanye, who she likes. Result = bad looks all round.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Oh. Well, thanks.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts