Tacos for Thes

HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
edited March 2014 in Strut Central
http://www.chefsfeed.com/blog/67

Chef Takuya Matsumoto (Ramen Tatsu-Ya) recommends the tacos at La Mexicana Bakery for People Under The Stairs: "I'd send one of my all time favorite hip hop groups People Under The Stairs to La Mexicana for some tacos. These guys are from LA and the tacos there, from my experience, are more Baja style???it's just different. Dope ass tacos for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and late night. It's open 24 hours! Plus they have a bakery with fresh churros for days. It's also far enough away from the chaotic SXSW madness, but close enough to not have to stray away."

That's actually a spot-on recommendation. It's an old school spot and not one of these new-fangled, burrito-ingredients-in-a-taco places.

Comments

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    La Mexicana Bakery makes damn good tacos. They are pretty cheap too. Years back Travel and Leisure Magazine used a photo of mine from there for a Best 24 Hour Spots feature.

http://www.travelandleisure.com/articles/americas-best-24-hour-hot-spots/9

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Takuya's fellow sushi chef and business partner Tatsu Aikawa is also known and very well liked as DJ Tats...

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Not Austin. But I'm doing a road trip with my girl soon. L.A. is part of it... If Thes or anyone else willing to drop the best taco spots, it would be greatly appreciated.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    That taco looks delicious.

• Gary said:
    That taco looks delicious.

DOR : Hit up Loteria for tacos in LA.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I love tacos.

• lets taco 'bout it

vintageinfants said:
    lets taco 'bout it

TheKindCromang said:

DOR : Hit up Loteria for tacos in LA.

Thank you Sir. I haven't been back to LA since my dad died. And the best for me then was from the truck by his work. No idea on food in the city any more.