Mount Rushmore Of Music

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited February 2014 in Strut Central
Four

Hank Williams

Elvis

Jimi

100 way tie

Yours?
«13

  Comments


  • Beatles

    Dylan

    Joni Mitchell

    James Brown

    (Just had to come back and point out that the "100 way tie" is the kind of move Rock would mock unmercifully if anyone else had done it. Must have been a very mellow bowl tonight.)

  • parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    James Brown

    John Lennon

    Stevie Wonder

    Michael Jackson

  • RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    LazarusOblong said:
    Beatles

    Dylan

    Joni Mitchell

    James Brown

    (Just had to come back and point out that the "100 way tie" is the kind of move Rock would mock unmercifully if anyone else had done it. Must have been a very mellow bowl tonight.)

    Says the guy who picked 7 instead of 4.

    Have you ever seen Mount Rushmore?

  • Rockadelic said:
    LazarusOblong said:
    Beatles

    Dylan

    Joni Mitchell

    James Brown

    (Just had to come back and point out that the "100 way tie" is the kind of move Rock would mock unmercifully if anyone else had done it. Must have been a very mellow bowl tonight.)

    Says the guy who picked 7 instead of 4.

    Groups can't count as one?

    That sort of dickish quibble needs to be spelled out up front, hoss.

  • parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    It's Rushmore. Why would you put a group up?

    I mean, if there's 4 in a group, and that's your only pick, then fine.

    But yeah, I'm with Rock on this.

  • Also I'm pretty sure "100 way tie" wouldn't fit too goddamn well on Mount Rushmore, unless you're on acid.

  • parallax said:
    It's Rushmore. Why would you put a group up?

    I mean, if there's 4 in a group, and that's your only pick, then fine.

    But yeah, I'm with Rock on this.

    When are you not?

  • parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    LazarusOblong said:
    parallax said:
    It's Rushmore. Why would you put a group up?

    I mean, if there's 4 in a group, and that's your only pick, then fine.

    But yeah, I'm with Rock on this.

    When are you not?

    You say that like you know me.

    Here's a hint: you don't fucking know me. But I'd be happy to meet up so you can tell me to my face how much you think you do.

    Go ahead and obsess until you've come up with something to write that satisfies your weak mind, you little dick, cause I'm out of this thread now.

    You can have the last word, since it's all you ever seem to want.

  • parallax said:
    LazarusOblong said:
    parallax said:
    It's Rushmore. Why would you put a group up?

    I mean, if there's 4 in a group, and that's your only pick, then fine.

    But yeah, I'm with Rock on this.

    When are you not?

    You say that like you know me.

    Here's a hint: you don't fucking know me. But I'd be happy to meet up so you can tell me to my face.

    Go ahead and obsess until you've come up with something to write that satisfies your weak mind, you little dick, cause I'm out of this thread now.

    You can have the last word, since it's all you ever seem to want.

    Oh, Jeezus. Grow up, you sad little man. I have no interest at all in knowing you or any frustrated, witless creatures like you. Have nice life.

  • discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    James Brown
    John Lennon
    Eddie Palmieri
    Miles Davis

  • ppadilhappadilha 2,106 Posts
    Jorge Ben
    Fela Kuti
    John Coltrane
    Richard D. James

  • DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,873 Posts
    Bob Marley
    James Brown
    Miles Davis
    Michael Jackson

    If John and Paul could be one...
    Kinda feel like Freddie Mercury should be on that list

  • buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    Sun ra , GG Allin , Esquerita , Madonna

    Since it's Mt. Rushmore they should all be from the US.

  • batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Chuck Berry
    Kool Herc
    James Brown
    Jimi Hendrix

  • BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    batmon said:
    Chuck Berry
    Kool Herc Keith
    James Brown
    Jimi Hendrix

  • duke ellington
    james brown
    bob dylan
    (place holder- need to give the last one more thought)

  • buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    If anyone thinks they know me, or has a problem with my picks, come say it to my face

  • FlomotionFlomotion 2,391 Posts

  • batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    button said:
    If anyone thinks they know me, or has a problem with my picks, come say it to my face

    What's that about?

  • buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    batmon said:
    button said:
    If anyone thinks they know me, or has a problem with my picks, come say it to my face

    What's that about?

    Top of this thread is a comedy gold must read.

  • ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 2,881 Posts
    Otis Redding
    James Brown
    Stevie Wonder
    Sly Stone

    I thought about how they are all in the soul vein and I'm okay with that.

  • HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Louis Armstrong
    Fats Domino
    Professor Longhair
    Allen Toussaint

  • Macklemore
    Shakira
    Ozzy
    Dr. Dre

  • ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Louis Armstrong
    Duke Ellington
    Miles Davis
    John Coltrane

  • dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,441 Posts
    Please make your lists whelm a whole lot less. Mt Rushmore is so lame srsly.

  • HANK
    ELVIS
    JAMES
    DUKE

    yeah.

  • GibboGibbo 121 Posts
    From a personal perspective I guess I could narrow it down to...

    James Brown
    Miles Davis
    John Coltrane
    Robert Johnson

  • dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,441 Posts
    I'm thinking about it, and I bet if I were hypnotized or truth serumed my answer would be

    1-3. Metallica minus Lars.
    4. James Brown

    My ultimate band is Metallica with the James Brown on drums. :face_melt:

  • dukeofdelridge said:
    I'm thinking about it, and I bet if I were hypnotized or truth serumed my answer would be

    1-3. Metallica minus Lars.
    4. James Brown

    My ultimate band is Metallica with the James Brown on drums. :face_melt:

    I was listening to master of puppets the other day and wondered if the drumming was appropriate or if it could have been better. I'm not mad at how his drumming fits in or anything, but on a whole, the sound of the drums is always rather shitty. If it were something different though, maybe it wouldn't have been what it was.

  • dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,441 Posts
    My inner 15-year-old doesn't allow for questioning the perfection of Metallica.
Sign In or Register to comment.