Thug Music Killer

volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
edited February 2014 in Strut Central
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/15/michael-dunn-verdict_n_4796068.html

Still legal to shoot black kids in Florida.

But they got him for attempted murder......of the person he murdered.

Comments

• This just won't do.

All states are equal. All people are equal, all parties are equal, all laws are equal. If you say one state has laws or people or politics or anything that is different from any other state you're guilty of "stereotyping" which makes you as bad as the "staunchest fucking racists on the planet."

No, seriously.

This shit could just as easily happen in Vermont. Yeah, yeah, I know it DOESN'T, but maybe it COULD.

Tolerance demands that we ignore that it doesn't happen in Vermont but happens in Florida and other, well, shall we say SOUTHERN places?

And if we're rash enough to point out that the former Confederacy is still fucked in both ears about race, well, we're basically "staunch racists."

Fuckity-fuck-fuck-fuck.

Both sides do it! Yee-haw!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Sad story.
    Hopefully he gets the 90+ years the sentencing allows.

• LaserWolf said:
    Sad story.
    Hopefully he gets the 90+ years the sentencing allows.

He'll be dead within 5 years.

• LazarusOblong said:
    This just won't do.

All states are equal. All people are equal, all parties are equal, all laws are equal. If you say one state has laws or people or politics or anything that is different from any other state you're guilty of "stereotyping" which makes you as bad as the "staunchest fucking racists on the planet."

No, seriously.

This shit could just as easily happen in Vermont. Yeah, yeah, I know it DOESN'T, but maybe it COULD.

Tolerance demands that we ignore that it doesn't happen in Vermont but happens in Florida and other, well, shall we say SOUTHERN places?

And if we're rash enough to point out that the former Confederacy is still fucked in both ears about race, well, we're basically "staunch racists."

Fuckity-fuck-fuck-fuck.

Both sides do it! Yee-haw!

i'd love this post if it excluded the part where you're a victim.

• Depressing case to begin with, felt like this was a way more clear-cut case of murder in court than Zimmerman, was amazed that defense went with "loud music + black kids", I mean white kids listen to loud music right? And don't get shot for it? But even more depressed that 3 on the jury found Jordan Davis' death justifiable as self-defense, forcing a mistrial.

But then the concern trolls came out and said, "well. that Angela Corey. She's always overcharging. If she had just gone for 2nd Degree, or Manslaughter (!), she'd have gotten a conviction." Completely ignoring that those options were available to the jury. And the jury couldn't convince three of its members that this child was gunned down at the VERY LEAST unnecessarily (that's manslaughter). Ignoring that two-tier justice is a centuries-old part of our heritage.

Fuck this shit, and fuck us. We ain't about shit.

• vintageinfants said:

i'd love this post if it excluded the part where you're a victim.

I've never been a victim.

But Michael Dunn has been screaming in jail that HE is the victim.

And maybe he was, in a way, but he should be blaming the people who raised him instead of the ones who put him on trial.

• Jonny_Paycheck said:
    Depressing case to begin with, felt like this was a way more clear-cut case of murder in court than Zimmerman, was amazed that defense went with "loud music + black kids", I mean white kids listen to loud music right? And don't get shot for it? But even more depressed that 3 on the jury found Jordan Davis' death justifiable as self-defense, forcing a mistrial.

But then the concern trolls came out and said, "well. that Angela Corey. She's always overcharging. If she had just gone for 2nd Degree, or Manslaughter (!), she'd have gotten a conviction." Completely ignoring that those options were available to the jury. And the jury couldn't convince three of its members that this child was gunned down at the VERY LEAST unnecessarily (that's manslaughter). Ignoring that two-tier justice is a centuries-old part of our heritage.

Have you read this yet?

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2014/02/the-logic-of-the-michael-dunn-jury/283930/

He's been on an incredible roll lately.

• Jonny_Paycheck said:

what bein' about shit looks like.

imagine the resurrected rhombus got off the internet for an afternoon?

• vintageinfants said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:

what bein' about shit looks like.

imagine the resurrected rhombus got off the internet for an afternoon?

Sounds like you have big plans! I look forward to the updates.