a few rr question’s

2»

Comments

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    First Gear goes for more on Ebay than the Earth disciples so I'd say it gets some love

The scoop: nobody knows earth disciples, even tho it's rare (for solid state) and quite good, compared to first gear, which all the psych heads know and is ehh.

earth disciples has been one of the first records i ever bought on eBay. It used to go for about 150 USD later on. i always considered it a well known record that got hyped some time ago and after hip people found out what it was, it went back to normal.

first gear is not ehh. it's good. really, listen to caution steep hill... then listen to earth disciples...

which one of the gears are the better... the one with the gears on the cover? or are they both dope?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

which one of the gears are the better... the one with the gears on the cover? or are they both dope?

i like em both! not totally dope, but "earth disciple" dope!

and are they instrumental or with vocals?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

Larnelle Harris is singing

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

"Dancefloor friendly 8 out of 10. DOnt sleep !"

Soulstrut Factor

comparing those, the getaway train joint is instru all the way through

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

Rad you just got outbid by TheMack, soulstrut factor in full effect!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

why not compare records with vocals with records witout vocals. both feature instruments

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    just helpin a homie out

why not compare records with vocals with records witout vocals. both feature instruments

cool, so its earth disciples like but with vocs

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

cool, so its earth disciples like but with vocs

don't confuse me mang. it's late and my eyes hurt from watching my notebook screen!

fugget about it, earth disciples is the ONE record. You need it badly. REALLY! First Gear has vocals and makes me say "EHH"! Don't bother about it. Didn't get the Soulstrut seal of approval! now go and bid on

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4760653586

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

it's the first gear record with a different cover on a different label without vocals and all the earth discible tracks. plus it's island funk that has drums like the meters. plus it's "psych" or yet better "psyche"!!! plus it was sampled by diddy, nerd, jay-z, kayne west and dre. like always, madlib got high and tapped the reissue. what a dumbass!

ok

thats one cadet concept I havent seen before, looks cool, three feet high and rising!

ive seen it go several times for $40-$50.

it's the first gear record with a different cover on a different label without vocals and all the earth discible tracks. plus it's island funk that has drums like the meters. plus it's "psych" or yet better "psyche"!!! plus it was sampled by diddy, nerd, jay-z, kayne west and dre. like always, madlib got high and tapped the reissue. what a dumbass!

2:30 in the am in CPH, in germany ...? 2:31 perhaps

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

you're in denmark? 2:32?

yup, 2:33 actually, just caught me a little $8 ebay puff

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    class dismissed! my mom woke up and saw me sitting in front of the computer ... naked! Sorry man. I'm feeling dizzy and tired!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

that's cool! i'm waiting for the end of an auction too! we should try some of those snipers, shouldn't we?

that's cool! i'm waiting for the end of an auction too! we should try some of those snipers, shouldn't we?

kinda spoils the rush

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

kinda spoils the rush

yep,

• That simple answer is that that's not really a lot of money.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    young patrick, you should be able to cop that Earth Disciples for about 20 bucks on ebay. I did a few months back after being outbid by Day (I think it was) the first time around.

I bid on one about 2 months ago and it ended up going for over $60.

And I thought Shadow had a team of lawyers shutting down any auctions using his name to sell old records..I wonder what that Cadet Concept LP would go for without his name in the headline...