Pete Seeger, RIP

LazarusOblongLazarusOblong 896 Posts
edited January 2014 in Strut Central
Sort of the ant-Grammy at this point.

Dead at 94.

Comments

• RIP

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Sad, but he lived a long good life. Probably cared more about the US and it's citizens than most (if not all) of the presidents that served during his lifetime. Telling congress to go screw (polity) when they tried to grill him about being a commie in the 50's is pretty hardcore.

• my folks were shook up today. my former black panther god father was also reverent to Pete.
    i cant profess to have much exposure to him, but i think i'll do some reading and listening to the music and life of a great man.

• (digging related sidenote: mutts comicstrip is made by a brother of one of the vinyldogs)

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    volumen said:
    Sad, but he lived a long good life. Probably cared more about the US and it's citizens than most (if not all) of the presidents that served during his lifetime. Telling congress to go screw (politely) when they tried to grill him about being a commie in the 50's is pretty hardcore.

• volumen said:
    Sad, but he lived a long good life. Probably cared more about the US and it's citizens than most (if not all) of the presidents that served during his lifetime. Telling congress to go screw (politely) when they tried to grill him about being a commie in the 50's is pretty hardcore.

And in the end it helped him rather than hurt him. If he'd testified I don't think he would have ever seen this day: