Cross Fader Advice

JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
edited January 2014 in Strut Central
I've had a Vestax 05Pro II and it's served me rather well, despite it's vast limitations.

Recently, the fader produces a feedback humming when it's all the way to the left or right. If you move even slightly off from total left or total right the feedback goes away.

After work, I'm going to disassemble it and put some contact cleaner on it...should that do the trick or is there something else I should be doing?

Comments

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    you gave me the BEST recommendation when i first fell upon this place...contact cleaner (DEOX-IT) and clipper oil -- this has worked wonders on my 08pro, i do this twice a year and have never had any issues that i previously had.

i have passed this info on to so many others, and they have all had the same luck with any/all faders

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    dj_cityboy said:
    you gave me the BEST recommendation when i first fell upon this place...contact cleaner (DEOX-IT) and clipper oil -- this has worked wonders on my 08pro, i do this twice a year and have never had any issues that i previously had.

i have passed this info on to so many others, and they have all had the same luck with any/all faders

Oh yeah. I knew that helped with cross fader bleeding but didn't know it would help with that feedback I'm getting. Awesome. That was what I was going to try but didn't know if it would also fix this issue.

Thanks man!

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Did you just thank a guy for telling you what you told him?

:face_melt:

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    in his defense that was back in 2009...lol

*my how time flies

dukeofdelridge said:
    Did you just thank a guy for telling you what you told him?

:face_melt:

Haha...yes I did. BUT, this is a different problem than the one he had. If I recall, Cityboy had a problem with the two channels bleeding into each other via the fader. My issue is related to a humming when on either the left or right side of the fader.

I actually tried the oil and it did NOT fix the issue. I removed the faceplate, removed the fader gave it a good cleaning applied some of the oil and I still get the same hum.

Any advice would be awesome. Thanks yall....

• Have you tried looking it up on youtube?

There might be a helpful tutorial on an indirectly related subject.

best wishes

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    Fader replacement recommendation:

http://www.innofader.com/compatible.php

GatorToof said:
    Have you tried looking it up on youtube?

There might be a helpful tutorial on an indirectly related subject.

best wishes

None of the vids or info I've found seem to directly address the issue I'm having. There are people who place rubber washers on either side of the fader bar (whatever you call the rail that the fader travels left to right on) but, they are doing that to adjust the response-time of the fader when scratching. I rather like the response time I have with my fader so, although I assume the rubber spacer would inadvertently resolve my issue, I would like to try and avoid changing the response/feel of the fader.

If I ever figure this one out I'll let yall know.

empanadamn said:
    Fader replacement recommendation:

http://www.innofader.com/compatible.php

I've heard great things about the innofader but never actually tried one yet. It's probably going to be my long term solution but I don't have time to research, purchase and get used to an innofader before the next gig.

They sound freaking amazing, though.