your opinion on other people's opinions?

GatorToofGatorToof 582 Posts
edited January 2014 in Strut Central
when you dj do you want to know other people's opinions?

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    GatorToof said:

I thought reading the crowd solves that.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    GatorToof said:

I think most jocks care about the crowd's opinion so...

batmon said:
    reading the crowd solves that.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    Bon Vivant said:
    GatorToof said:

I think most jocks care about the crowd's opinion so...

batmon said:
    reading the crowd solves that.

Yup

• My aunt looks up all her recipes online because she wants to know other people's opinions, however; I dont even think the comments are from real chefs.

the word specious comes to mind.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    When it has to do with sound quality, absolutely. Sometimes it's hard to tell what it sounds like at the other end of the room...or even in another room altogether. There is one venue in particular here in Toronto that comes to mind where the set-up is in the back room and the sound in the front room is radically different. Monitors only capture the room's sound to a certain degree and if equipment quality is shoddy on top of that, what sounds warm and correct by me can be super hot and piercing on the floor, as an example.

• bassie said:
    When it has to do with sound quality, absolutely. Sometimes it's hard to tell what it sounds like at the other end of the room...or even in another room altogether. There is one venue in particular here in Toronto that comes to mind where the set-up is in the back room and the sound in the front room is radically different. Monitors only capture the room's sound to a certain degree and if equipment quality is shoddy on top of that, what sounds warm and correct by me can be super hot and piercing on the floor, as an example.

I know what you mean. There aren't a lot of venues around that use compressors.