Blue Note Cover Art - BOOK

doisndoisn baleadas&pupuzas 303 Posts
edited January 2014 in Strut Central
So it seems there??s many different books featuring Blue Note Cover Art out there, which one would get the SS seal of approval?
i remember once seeing one in almost real size shape, a hefty hardcover one, though am pretty sure it couldnt house ALL of them? so are there some for different eras? is there a series? how best to cover all the early ones until the mid 70??s?

b/w

Happy New Year Ya??ll! Lots of Peace, Love, Health & Grails in 2014!

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I've had this one forever...

But that's about how long it's been since I last looked at it.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I have a Japanese one that is small and has the songs and artist with a b&W thumb nail photo for every Blue Note album.
    I also have the Prestige version of the same thing. There are a few glossy full cover pages. There is also a short review for the albums, but I don't read Japanese.

I have Blue Note Album Cover Art by Graham Marsh which is big and showy with classic era covers and lots of Francis Wolff.

I thought there was a Tashen, but I guess not.

• doisndoisn baleadas&pupuzas 303 Posts
    doesnt need to have additional writing or reviews, not even tracklist! looking for just as much plain uncommented cover work (the bigger the better) as possible in only one volume.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Not Blue Note, but I spent a while looking thru this Verve book recently and it's beautiful:

http://www.amazon.com/Verve-Sound-America-Richard-Havers/dp/0500517142