Eric B (R.I.P?) - Is this true?

2»

Comments

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
    It wouldnt really surprise me if this had happened though....

Anybody see the "real 50 cent" dvd Jimmy Henchman put out?

If eric B wasnt a gangster, he sure as hell hung around a lot of them.

Watched that ish on Saturday. Man 50 Cent was a sav. His boy knew of like 30 people he killed alone.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    It wouldnt really surprise me if this had happened though....

Anybody see the "real 50 cent" dvd Jimmy Henchman put out?

If eric B wasnt a gangster, he sure as hell hung around a lot of them.

Watched that ish on Saturday. Man 50 Cent was a sav. His boy knew of like 30 people he killed alone.

What does this mean?

• i met eric b once a few years ago. i said nice to meet you your a big influence. he just nodded and gave me the get the fuck outta here vibe. anyway he was pretty mean or maybe just having a real bad day. he also had patent leather creepers on and purple silk pants . strange. peace, stein. . .

• THIS IS A HOAX

although eric has always been involved in shady doings, from what i've known. dude was the suge knight of hip hop 'fore suge.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    Eric B. had patent leather creepers on and purple silk pants

LOCATION!!!

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Isn't Johnny Juice is part of the "Terminator X didn't do his own cuts rumor".

I caught Public Enemy live in 1990 and 1992. After those shows and hearing this "rumour", I kinda realized that it wasn't a rumour. TX's cuts were so limited and pretty weak live compared to the cuts on the first 2 albums... I never really understood why groups would fly out DJs who would have pretty limited participation in the live shows. However, TX did do a bit of stuff, it was as interactive as say Run DMC or whatever.

There was a good article about Johnny Juice in Big Daddy Magazine a while back...

peace.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    On a related note checkout the Rakim video Maru dropped on http://www.earfuzz.com recently.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    Eric B is the biggest scumbag in the rap world, extorted Large Professor for most of those beats, extorted Paul C, extorted Rakim, I believe extorted G Rap. Laid the blueprint for Suge Knight.

yeah, what all did he do, as opposed to what did he get credited for? i heard he didnt do a whole lot...

excpt, i guess, a bunch of extortion.

My understandin' is that Marley Marl handled the bulk of the production work on 'Paid in Full' includin' the scratches on the title track...

patrick adams...

• PEKPEK 735 Posts

X claims to have done the rest of the cuts including the often questioned "To The Edge Of Panic". It was real funny because he got kind of heated. In a nut shell he told us that Johnny Juice got some money, broke out of PE real early, bought a bitchin Camaro, and years later he drove around in the same beat up ride telling people he did the cuts.

Far as I know, Rosario came up w/ the Kings of Pressure and then joined ranks w/ PE - he's still involved w/ 'em to this day, the 3 full lengths that are either out now or imminent has 1 produced exclusively by Paris and @ least 1 by Rosario along Chuck D...

• Eric B. had patent leather creepers on and purple silk pants

LOCATION!!!
    emi records group north america new york office. i guess he was licensing some dance comp that he did? peace, stein. . .

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Doesn't anyone remember Eric B. was suppose to run Death Row East???
    Muscle in...

• cHillercHiller 293 Posts
    from the-breaks:

i copped that article from another board last night but turns out it was just a hoax

somebody twisted the story up and put Eric B's name into it

the real shooting supposedly happened in London

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/articles/PA_NEWA18604481125229061A000?source=PA%20Feed

Man killed in barber shop shooting
    29 August 2005

One man died and another was seriously injured during a shooting at a barber's shop, police said.

Two men, aged 24 and 29, were taken to hospital following the incident in Birmingham on Saturday afternoon.

The 29-year-old, who has not been named but who lived locally, died from his injuries.

The 24-year-old, also from Newtown, is said to be in a serious but stable condition in hospital.

West Midlands Police were called to reports of several shots being fired in and around the barber's shop at the junction of Lozells Road and Wheeler Street.

A force spokeswoman said no arrests had been made and appealed to anyone who witnessed the incident or had any information about it to contact police.

• spcspc 534 Posts
    Eric B is the biggest scumbag in the rap world, extorted Large Professor for most of those beats, extorted Paul C, extorted Rakim, I believe extorted G Rap. Laid the blueprint for Suge Knight.

yeah, what all did he do, as opposed to what did he get credited for? i heard he didnt do a whole lot...

My understandin' is that Marley Marl handled the bulk of the production work on 'Paid in Full' includin' the scratches on the title track...

Strange, I always thought that Patrick Adams produced the album.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

Strange, I always thought that Patrick Adams produced the album.
    i thought he engineered it, + marley did the beats.i read a interview with rakim that said he supplied sum of the records.
    45king supposedly did most of "follow the leader" + larg pro/paul c did the later albums

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    from what i've known. dude was the suge knight of hip hop 'fore suge.

wasn't suge knight the suge knight of hip hop

• 45king supposedly did most of "follow the leader" + larg pro/paul c did the later albums

This is what I've heard/read as well. Although I have no idea where. In the book 'Rakim Told Me' he explains how much work he put in on the first album.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    from what i've known. dude was the suge knight of hip hop 'fore suge.[/b]

'fore = BEFORE

I don't think Suge Knight was himself before he existed.

• deepbrntdeepbrnt 241 Posts

'fore = BEFORE

But could it be that he WAS? Whhoaaaa...(in played out socal surfer voice)

Sorry its still early.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts

'fore = BEFORE

James Avery was the Suge Knight of hip-hop in a reverse dimension.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Plaese to let Gossiping Bitches clear up all your "Eric B didn't do a damn thing" and "Terminator X didn't do a damn thing" rumors. (Hint: Neither Eric nor Norman did a damn thing.)