ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,102 Posts
edited December 2013 in Strut Central
Total legend in my books

http://vishkhanna.com/2013/12/18/ep-59-ben-johnson/

It gets heavily SS-r from 11:29 onward

The correct pronounciation of raer can be found @ 12:22

Comments

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,086 Posts

Copped that Frank Wilson 45 for a dollar's worth of steel holes!

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    That was great, thanks.

Ben Johnson vehemently defends solo movie viewing! And the Carl Lewis shit is crazy. I'm into it. Ben Johnson is cool!

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,893 Posts
    I'd never heard that story about the beer being spiked before.

So shady.

Lewis so far in the closet, he's got a Narnia passport.

Johnson never used to talk much because he had a really bad stammer. He picked the stammer up by copying his brother, then his brother lost his stammer, and Ben was stuck with his.

Despite what went down at the time it would appear that Ben was ultimately the most "Noble" of all a dem suckers. Dude still has that ultra-pragmatic Jamaican mindset. Not concerned with matters of .

:beerbang:

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    the revelations that Carl Lewis??? team have admitted that they tampered with his post-race drug test in Seoul

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    ketan said:
    The correct pronounciation of raer can be found @ 12:22

YES. Dudes tastes are actually very similar to mine. Rackords and Motown? Check. Old movies? Check. Watching movies solo? Check. I could totally kick it with that dude.

• Didn't dude cheat tho?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    Didn't dude cheat tho?

Yup. Freely admits it. Says everyone else was cheating too, but not in a self-exculpatory way. The story about Carl Lewis having his post-record-breaking beer spiked at the Olympics was wild. The Lewis camp admits that too.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    I'd like to add that listening to this made me feel really smart. Some international NPR voice talmbout sports in that non-jock way. I'm just hoping someone overhears the guy saying GUELFPH and oh look at me just not even phased GUELPHFF

I will poke around more of this podcast, and I will definitely be dropping feathers throughout the holidays like this is common knowledge: "haha yeah, Ben Johnson getting popped for the drug he wasn't even taking in Seoul right?--some Carl Lewis goon sabotage?"