PatrickCrazy said:
    Thoughts on them?

A good thing, for sure.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Extra points for one with Mandela in casket

I ride, it should be a mandatory funereal event

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Yeah, why not?

I took photos at my uncles funeral last month. Good knees up. Didn't consider the gravitas aspect.

IT IS WHAT HE WOULD HAVE WANTED.

Didn't have my cock out in any of them.

• the brits ruined your trolling bro

:sonned:

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    swissbeatz said:
    the brits ruined your trolling bro

:sonned:

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Wouldn't expect the Euromen to understand but us Americans consider this extremely disrespectful; especially since he left Michelle in the cold like that.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    if George dubs was seen doing this soulstrut would have been set on fire

• toby.dtoby.d 254 Posts

Michelle just mad at hubbie chatting to scandiblonde

Which wife wouldn't?
    B/w
    Which husband wouldn't?

P/w
    Bet Nelson would've

• PatrickCrazy said:
    Wouldn't expect the Euromen to understand but us Douchebag-Americans consider this extremely disrespectful; especially since he left Michelle in the cold like that.

Fixed.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    toby.d said:

POTUS wife.

:lol: Reassuring and funny.

• PatrickCrazy said:

dude

• "As bizarre as the whole thing is, maybe the craziest part about the whole thing is that it doesn't appear to be the first time the man has passed himself off as a professional signer"

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2013/12/11/mandela_memorial_sign_language_interpreter_on_stage_was_a_fake_experts_say.html

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:
    PatrickCrazy said:

dude

selfies bro
    everyone knows g dubz be forever macking

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    "As bizarre as the whole thing is, maybe the craziest part about the whole thing is that it doesn't appear to be the first time the man has passed himself off as a professional signer"

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2013/12/11/mandela_memorial_sign_language_interpreter_on_stage_was_a_fake_experts_say.html

"was moving his hands around but there was no meaning in what he used his hands for,"

Sounds about right if you're signing for politicians.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    dude - you can troll so much better than this. I believe in you!

That said, here's the photographers take on this non-story: http://blogs.afp.com/correspondent/?post/Selfie

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Unherd said:

That said, here's the photographers take on this non-story: http://blogs.afp.com/correspondent/?post/Selfie
    summarize that tl;drness?

instantly suspicious that something that lengthy needs to be written to explain something so simple (vain politicians)

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    The selfie that has PC sweating was not at a funeral.

It was a memorial service.
    A celebration of a mans life.
    There were tens of thousands of people there from across SA, Africa and the world.
    3 people, friends, all of whom live far apart and traveled great distances, took a picture together.
    PCs phony horror is the bad look here.

My guess is that PC is upset because 3 commies took their picture together at the memorial for another commie.

Dude, you need to deal.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    slow day at the money-making machine eh, PatrickCrazy?

shine on, you crazy diamond. DO NOT SORRY TO ANYONE.

Unherd said:

Thank you. Great quick read.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    PatrickCrazy said:
    Unherd said:

summarize that tl;drness?

instantly suspicious that something that lengthy needs to be written to explain something so simple (vain politicians)

Short version: the tone of the ceremony was upbeat and celebratory of Mandela's life and accomplishments, as opposed to the more traditionally somber American funereal tone, and thus the actions of Obama et al did not seem inappropriate or at all out of place. AKA judging a foreign environment by American standards.

I thought the point of the article was to say this was one of 500 photos we sent around the world from the Memorial. The 499 capture the mood of the event. This photo - and the story people are making-up - is trivial.

That's true as well. I was just trying to highlight the part that directly addressed P-Crazee's implication that Obama was acting inappropriately.

• toby.dtoby.d 254 Posts
    I had forgotten about that picture. Thought Patrick was referring to this article from a couple of months ago which was in the free paper you get on the Tube:

http://metro.co.uk/2013/10/29/teenagers-taking-selfies-at-funerals-4165911/

tl;dr, it's just more evidence that over here in Europe we laugh in the face of funerals and don't give a hoot about so-called "respectful behaviour".

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    That's true as well. I was just trying to highlight the part that directly addressed P-Crazee's implication that Obama was acting inappropriately.

Michelle clearly thought he was acting inappropriately. But don't let that stop you from sticking up for ANYTHING Obama ever does.

HarveyCanal said:
    DB_Cooper said:

Michelle clearly thought he was acting inappropriately. But don't let that stop you from sticking up for ANYTHING Obama ever does.

DON'T YOO DISS MAH BAHMMER! I will admit that I am an Obama apologist, though.

PatrickCrazy said:
    Wouldn't expect the Euromen to understand but us Americans consider this extremely disrespectful; especially since he left Michelle in the cold like that.

Btw, this is one of the worst looks ever on this board.
    I'll tell you what's disrespectful: you, personally mr Patrick crazy via your GOP shill Reagan, had Mandela on the terrorist watch list until 2008.

200 fucking 8.

Son.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    plz 2 provide evidence of me supporting anything GOP-related or more specifically reagan
    ty