God's Chorus of Crickets

2»

Comments

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    swissbeatz said:
    Frank said:

Fucking hell, all I wanted to do was point out that those slowed down cricket recordings to me sounded doctored and I couldn't resist and make a joke or two about it. I never meant to disrespect the crickets as my love and respect for nature is only matched by my contempt for most of mankind. Poor little critters, being autotuned and trivialized for some viral "OMG they sound like angles" internets moment.

It didn't really happen that way. You were sceptic about the authenticity of the recordings on some audio Sherlock Holmes shit, then someone most likely proved you wrong. Your pride got hurt and you felt the need to belittle the posters who cried. I can guarantee than you gonna have to record a shitload (no pun intended) of audio fart layers, to get something sounding like a cluster of crickets or birds...

Listen, funny guy: Pride is for little people but you are tragically mistaken when underestimating the musical capacity of my sphincter flute.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Here's the software for extreme slowing/timestretching - http://hypermammut.sourceforge.net/paulstretch/

Have at it!