Don't Tase Me, Bro

HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
edited October 2013 in Strut Central
Assault weapon...

Torture device...

Ban these fucking things already. And fire 75% of every police force across the nation while you're at it. We don't need any of this shit.

Comments

• srsly. fuck these cowards.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Dudes out here keep one on the ready when it's fight time. Pussy ass chumps.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Toronto cop describing what happened to him when he arrested another cop caught drunk driving. Shameful stuff.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/toronto-constable-describes-charging-fellow-police-officer-1.2255264

• Danno3000 said:
    Toronto cop describing what happened to him when he arrested another cop caught drunk driving. Shameful stuff.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/toronto-constable-describes-charging-fellow-police-officer-1.2255264

haha no offense Danno but this is like the Canadian version of police misconduct! pretty mild haha.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Earlier this year the Travis County (Austin, TX) District Attorney was arrested for drunk driving and aside from going apeshit in her cell, she repeatedly tried to pull rank to get herself freed...

She was restrained...but not tased.

• The country is overrun with gun nut musclehead cops who enjoy hurting people.

Today in DC Ted Cruz said, in front of Trayvon Martin's mother, that Stand Your Ground laws are EXCELLENT news for black people.

This country has a problem with the intersection of violence and stupidity.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    LazarusOblong said:

Anecdotally, I would say this is most of the world's view of the US. Guns are just too easy to acquire in the US. It's sad and scary.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Disgusting.

Might as well start tarring and feathering the dude while they're at it.

Wouldn't it just take like two dudes to pounce on the guy, and have another handcuff him?

• rain103rain103 476 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Earlier this year the Travis County (Austin, TX) District Attorney was arrested for drunk driving and aside from going apeshit in her cell, she repeatedly tried to pull rank to get herself freed...

From experience working in a correctional facility, I can say that if the public knew/saw what we see on a daily basis their perceptions might be a whole lot different. This video of the DA is a prime example of the sloppery we put up with and the balance of trying to maintain their dignity but at the same time deal with this foolery. I can say that pepper spray is used far more frequently than tasers, yet the taser action gets way more press/attention.

HarveyCanal said:
    Assault weapon...

This is just, what appears to be, a lazy officer right here. If you can't out run a woman in cuffs... C'mon. That's a whole 'nother can of worms.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    unions

parallax said:
    LazarusOblong said:

Anecdotally, I would say this is most of the world's view of the US. Guns are just too easy to acquire in the US. It's sad and scary.

Guns have function and value. Tasers do not.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,892 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    parallax said:
    LazarusOblong said:

I wouldn't wish either on anyone, but wouldn't you rather be tasered than shot dead? Surely the function is to quell the protagonist without killing them (regardless of whether the Officer is vindicated or not - whole 'nother argument).

J i m s t e r said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    parallax said:
    LazarusOblong said:

I wouldn't wish either on anyone, but wouldn't you rather be tasered than shot dead? Surely the function is to quell the protagonist without killing them (regardless of whether the Officer is vindicated or not - whole 'nother argument).

That's what tackling is for. Dudes are linebacker size and pulling out mini electric chairs. Fuck that.

And keep your gun holstered until at least a knife or a gun is produced by the perp.

These aren't new guidelines.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    PatrickCrazy said:
    unions

Really? Why not elaborate on that?

• The problem isn't so much the tasers, it's the people using them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Dzieka??ski_Taser_incident

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    LokoOne said:
    PatrickCrazy said:
    unions

Really? Why not elaborate on that?
    it's a pretty well-known thing
    http://reason.com/archives/2012/10/19/how-special-rights-for-law-enforcement-m

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    That's what tackling is for. Dudes are linebacker size and pulling out mini electric chairs. Fuck that.

The taser didn't cause this girls injuries, smacking her head on the concrete did.

If she had been tackled instead and her head smashed into the concrete with the same result wouldn't we be saying she shouldn't have been tackled?

Rockadelic said:
    HarveyCanal said:

The taser didn't cause this girls injuries, smacking her head on the concrete did.

If she had been tackled instead and her head smashed into the concrete with the same result wouldn't we be saying she shouldn't have been tackled?

I mentioned tackling as an alternative to not getting shot. Different scenario.

But yeah, this girl should have been chased down and grabbed. Or let go just then and grabbed down the street once back-up was called in. She posed no threat and thus shouldn't have been subjected to the taser.

Rockadelic said:

Also...yes, the taser did cause her injuries by knocking her to the ground.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:
    Danno3000 said:

haha no offense Danno but this is like the Canadian version of police misconduct! pretty mild haha.

He got a parking ticket! It was thrown out of court!

Ok, the point is yours. Nothing in Canada competes with this crazy injustice: http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2013/08/12/130812fa_fact_stillman

• HarveyCanal said:
    parallax said:
    LazarusOblong said:

Put either one in the hands of a violent moron and that value is negative.