Channel 4 in the UK did a documentary about a nightclub toilet

staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
edited October 2013 in Strut Central
I love this idea - any uk strutters catch this? looking for a torrent. I can only find reviews online but i want to see this just based on the title

Up All Night: The Nightclub Toilet (Channel 4) is the first in a new series of programmes about places that are open into the small hours. It was touching, truthful and made you laugh, but inevitably it had lots of footage of drunk people behaving like idiots and there???s a limit to the depth you can wring out of that. The lavatory in question was in J J Whispers, the place to go in Crawley, West Sussex. In piled teenagers on a girls??? night out, a peroxide Jessica Rabbit on a first date, a woman in uproar for having been told to put her shoes on while dancing. That was the Ladies, obviously; there was less going on in the Men???s because boys don???t generally talk to each other when peeing, though there was a moving exchange between two long-lost cousins.

The thing is, you found yourself viewing all these characters through the eyes of the older and wiser toilet attendants who had to sit through hours of their shrieking and puking. The attendants ??? and we met three ??? were all from Nigeria; one had lost his mother, father and sister (we didn???t hear how), one commuted from London every night for the work. Some of the clientele chatted to them, most treated them like servants. And it turns out you don???t get paid for doing that job: you rely on the tips that some clubbers seemed fairly unwilling to give. It wasn???t the fault of the film, but I came out thinking our culture of getting legless on a Friday night isn???t one much worth celebrating.

Comments

• yeah i saw it, it was set up everybody going in that toilet knew there was a camera from channel 4 in there, hence them doing interviews in a studio about their drinking/night out, some horrific characters going in there

you might be able to catch it on the channel 4 catch up site i dont know if it'l work in your area but i was in tokyo last week and it worked there http://www.channel4.com/programmes/up-all-night/4od#3590486

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Reminds me of Taxi Cab Confessions - that was excellent.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    JJ WHISPERS

:face_melt: