Anyone excited about the Dam Funk Snoop Dogg project?

staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
edited October 2013 in Strut Central

its a natural fit - kinda feeling this - hell of a better look for snoop than the snoop lion persona

Comments

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    Can you smell me

• Beats will probably be dope, but snoop's rapping will be hit or miss. Some low moments, but a few hot pockets here and there.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Controller_7 said:
    Beats will probably be dope, but snoop's rapping will be hit or miss. Some low moments, but a few hot pockets here and there.

I agree.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Only if Kokane is singing the hooks.

I'm feelin' this.

• I'm saddened my joke went unnoticed

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Controller_7 said:
    I'm saddened my joke went unnoticed

Ha! Just reread it.

• I find it a little hard to get excited about any Snoop related project, especially after the 'Lion' weirdness.
    He seems to rely a lot on 'being Snoop' and not so much on remembering to actually do things well,
    that said Dam Funk is is fun to listen to and the clip is ok.

johnblack said:
    I find it a little hard to get excited about any Snoop related project, especially after the 'Lion' weirdness.
    He seems to rely a lot on 'being Snoop' and not so much on remembering to actually do things well,

SNOOPZILLA BABY!!!!!

To me, this is Snoop riding on a Dam Funk project.

Not Dam Funk getting recruited to produce the latest Snoop album.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    Controller_7 said:
    I'm saddened my joke went unnoticed

Let that joke marinage, B. They'll get it....

• batmon said:
    cool, that would make me more likely to check the whole thing.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    wish dam would do more of a "producers" album and get a bunch of dudes from the west to spit on it, not just snoop.

snoop SHOULD kill this but he's been coasting for so long, who knows?

how much of this is going to be sensuous seduction type singing?

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,097 Posts
    batmon said:

yeah, definitely that. Dam spun up here in the summer and played about 7-8 tracks from this at the end. i remember it being way better than i expected, but i was faded and it was the end of the night...

I'd prefer a simple-type Snoop rhymes w/ Dam ala Group Home/Primo.

I dont want complicated rappity-rap over this shit.

There's a party element to the production and Snoop is minimal enough to just ride the beat.

I just hope there aint 22+ fuckin' tracks where I get bored.

• I fuckz with this.

• leonleon 883 Posts
    Yes, really curious actually. Cosign on hoping it not being 22 tracks or smth like that.

• Bathate - yes.

As for this project, this was so needed since that live video of snoop at a party doing a live thing with him impromptu that circulated 2 years ago? would consider. Keep it fun and raw it would be great

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    Herm said:
    Only if Kokane is singing the hooks.

Ohh hell yes

batmon said:
    johnblack said:
    I find it a little hard to get excited about any Snoop related project, especially after the 'Lion' weirdness.

SNOOPZILLA BABY!!!!!

cosign dam funk is the saving grace here

SIRUS said:
    wish dam would do more of a "producers" album and get a bunch of dudes from the west to spit on it, not just snoop.

snoop SHOULD kill this but he's been coasting for so long, who knows?

how much of this is going to be sensuous seduction type singing?

yes, this too - snoop came in the game so totally original and effortlessly creative, then hollywood got to him, in a bad way. But the potential is always there with him.

im hoping for clever rhyming not who cares vocalizing.

Really wanted to love the steve arrington dam funk project as well but it felt a little too off the cuff to me.
    Loved the cover for that too ill probably end up copping the vinyl and working harder to get more into it..

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    very keen to hear this, DF comes across as such a humble guy that just loves making music so I am sure that will be reflected in the approach Snoop Lion or what ever I am supposed to call him now (no disrespect intended btw, i honestly cant recall what the new name change thing is) will take in his vocal delivery.

staxwax said:
    Really wanted to love the steve arrington dam funk project as well but it felt a little too off the cuff to me.
    Loved the cover for that too ill probably end up copping the vinyl and working harder to get more into it..

I copped the instrumental. Str8 Lava.

Cant really feel Arrington vocals.