Thots on new Cam'ron???

white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
edited October 2013 in Strut Central
Hits its stride right around "Go Outside" and is consistently classic Cam'ron for the interim -

The Instagram song is flame, so is the one Cam'ron sings along to Roy Ayers and, yes, so too is the one sampling "The Golden Girls" theme!!!

Comments

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    Was at my homies house yesterday and the Ayer's sampled joint came out his itunes.. He ended up burning me a copy and I've been listening to it ever since. For what it is Cam comes with some cereal L O L rap lines. Can't say I've every listened to a full Cam LP or "mixtape" but this is highly entertaining. There's too many quotables to count.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Heard it coming out of a car on my street yesterday.

It's generally getting a lot of love with people I know and I concur.

Fading 2Chainz out of Snapped is pretty cold, though lol

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,102 Posts
    Still letting this sink in, but I like it overall.

bassie said:

I was wondering about that. (Aside: 2Chainz performance on the BET Awards was surprisingly good!)

Great interview on 105.1 the other day

My pet peeve with the album is how poor quality the recording is (or whatever the problem is). Some of those beats deserve a more hi-fi finish. Old hip-hop sounds great on an nth generation tape dub, but newer styles just sound underwhelming...

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    white_tea said:
    The Instagram song is flame, so is the one Cam'ron sings along to Roy Ayers and, yes, so too is the one sampling "The Golden Girls" theme!!!

I was running on the treadmill and fading when all of a sudden "Thank you for being a friend" popped in the headphones and I gots my 2nd wind

Thanks Cam!

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    The list of one-time female rap features on a Cam record who basically all sound the same grows longer.
    Has he very used the same MC more than once?

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    bassie said:
    The list of one-time female rap features on a Cam record who basically all sound the same grows longer.
    Has he very used the same MC more than once?

Intriguing question. Been listening to this all week and the Instagram tune may be the most salient social media commentary I've ever heard/read.

• ketan said:
    Still letting this sink in, but I like it overall.

bassie said:

I was wondering about that. (Aside: 2Chainz performance on the BET Awards was surprisingly good!)

Great interview on 105.1 the other day

My pet peeve with the album is how poor quality the recording is (or whatever the problem is). Some of those beats deserve a more hi-fi finish. Old hip-hop sounds great on an nth generation tape dub, but newer styles just sound underwhelming...

radio DJs are the worst...and the female ones are particularly annoying...sorry if that makes me a horrible person for saying that, but they always come off as if they are constantly butting into the conversation on these shows, which I guess says more about how their male counterparts dominate these interviews.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    I hope Solomon Linda's fam gets their 82 cents back for the Lion flip.