Advice Re: eBay Job Lot

uttersutters 321 Posts
edited October 2013 in Strut Central
Ok so I found a seller on eBay with some Argentinian records at reasonable prices. after haggling on a price to take 7 of them, that were individually listed, the seller created a new listing for me with all 7 records at the discounted price

A few weeks later the records arrive. Definitely two of the records, maybe more (am cleaning some of the them) are completely unplayable. A conservative grading would be Good, but more realistically I would say Fair, i.e surface noise and crackle literally twice as loud as the actual recording

These records, when individually listed, were graded as EX

I have asked the seller for a partial refund for those two items. The others were in far poorer condition than stated, but they are playable copies and may improve after cleaning

They responded saying they would refund the two records in full if I return them, but the problem is that the refund will only cover the costs of posting them back (i'm in the UK)... i.e I gain absolutely nothing from doing it

They don't seem to be offering me any alternative

What do I do? It's complicated as it's a job lot, and only a part of the job lot is unsatisfactory...

Thanks

Comments

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    check it off.

file under:
    lesson learned.

• uttersutters 321 Posts
    Grope said:
    check it off.

file under:
    lesson learned.

I've already learned this lesson many times... this is bullshit they graded the records as Ex and they're Fair/Good?

Doesn't seem right to me

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    i don't buy from south american sellers anymore. too much hassle over shipping prices and record conditions. And I could barely communicate with south american ebayers. i even had a seller who accidently sent me 2 clean copies of Trio Mocoto's Muita Zorra instead of one. Many weeks later he asked if I could send one copy back to Brazil. Uhm! Yeah sure! I totally understand...