Jordan schooling OJ Mayo

yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
edited October 2013 in Strut Central
Despite Jalen Rose's dumbass apparently predicting MJ will return for one game or something, this is still gangsta. I mean dude is 50 years old...

Comments

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Well, the video is from 7 or 8 years ago, but the lesson remains. Don't shit-talk MJ on a basketball court.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Who is OJ Mayo?

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    You right Asstro, this is an old clip. Still damn entertaining.

Batmon, I think Mayo did well last season. 15 a game, 4.4 assists, and 40% from threes. Not bad.

yuichi said:
    You right Asstro, this is an old clip. Still damn entertaining.

Batmon, I think Mayo did well last season. 15 a game, 4.4 assists, and 40% from threes. Not bad.

for a dude that was touted to be the next thing....hes nothing to write home about.
    hes been in L for enuff years to see if he would become elite like the hype said.....role player.

I agree, and not to nitpick, but dude wasn't hyped like a Lebron James...to be fair. He would have been a #1 pick if he were...

Just cuz he's put on the cover of SLAM (that's their job) or Tim Grover says "he has the same instinct of that of an MJ or Kobe" doesn't mean he's necessarily "hyped". Not like he flopped either. Dude was an undersized shooting guard and nothing in his one year at USC showed that he was gonna be a superstar...I don't think anyone expected that. Just saying. He's looking like he's gonna have a good sustainable career, and might even be that 6th man that takes a good team to become a great team. know what i'm saying?

yuichi said:
    I agree, and not to nitpick, but dude wasn't hyped like a Lebron James...to be fair. He would have been a #1 pick if he were...

Just cuz he's put on the cover of SLAM (that's their job) or Tim Grover says "he has the same instinct of that of an MJ or Kobe" doesn't mean he's necessarily "hyped". Not like he flopped either. Dude was an undersized shooting guard and nothing in his one year at USC showed that he was gonna be a superstar...I don't think anyone expected that. Just saying. He's looking like he's gonna have a good sustainable career, and might even be that 6th man that takes a good team to become a great team. know what i'm saying?

U still dont know basketball.

Uh, naw.

Hype is created by media exposure. Media needs a story, so they will push Greg Oden or Sebastian Telfair if that is the best college talent out there.....

If you know what the fuck you're talking about as your average fan, media shouldn't dictate how you evaluate a player. In other words, "hype" shouldn't even be a factor in how you evaluate a player.

If you understand this concept, you wouldn't go about talking "dude is a flop", "dude didn't become a superstar" BS. Greg Oden didn't say he was gonna be king of the jungle. Scouts made their decision as #1 pick based on potential. That ain't the player's fault. Nor should one's value be based on what pick they were chosen. dig?

As far as that BS article, I don't think one dude that has any knowledge of basketball, thought he would become a superstar.....I certainly didn't so.

If you were disappointed, that shit is up to your expectations. If you knew shit, you wouldn't be disappointed. End of story.

"He wasn't made out to what he was supposed to be". Again, if you bought into media hype, that's on you.

• mj rockin the oscar robertson approach ...just post u up from base line to base line ...lost his speed but dude still strong

• mj rockin the oscar robertson approach ...just post u up from base line to base line ...lost his speed but dude still strong

yuichi said:
    As far as that BS article, I don't think one dude that has any knowledge of basketball, thought he would become a superstar.....I certainly didn't so.

If you were disappointed, that shit is up to your expectations. If you knew shit, you wouldn't be disappointed. End of story.

"He wasn't made out to what he was supposed to be". Again, if you bought into media hype, that's on you.

Yuichi...YOU were the one that said he wasn't hyped up.

I disagree. I recall plenty of buzz anticipating his entering the league.

All that other shit you typed, I can care less about.

Mayo is not on my radar.

Im not gonna feed you. U talking in circles once again. Im out of this thread.