Jonny Paycheck & DJ Icewater - Darmel's House

pimlicosquirrelpimlicosquirrel 772 Posts
edited October 2013 in Strut Central
No thraed yet? :necessary:

Comments

• Damn son. Same time posting. Yours is better than my low tech version.

• hey, yeah!

soundcloud

you can pre-order the cassette on bandcamp... doing 100... they're going quickly.

basically just had hell of fun getting really faded and playing with effects. hope folks like it. Some of this shit is really personal just as far as memories of people or events, I think that comes through in the music.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Jonny & Rodney. Whatup? Drop some dope on these fools...

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:

basically just had hell of fun getting really faded and playing with effects. hope folks like it. Some of this shit is really personal just as far as memories of people or events, I think that comes through in the music.

yup! has been on regular rotation and took your advice and played it in a car while well lit...it worked out quite well lol
    super-fine

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I played this straight through and hit rewind immediately (metaphorically speaking). So, so good. The occasional snatches of the o.g. loops make for a great teaser, and screwing it just a touch does so much for the vibe and makes it hit a whole lot harder. I will definitely be doing some controlled experiments with this.

• HarveyCanal said:
    Jonny & Rodney. Whatup? Drop some dope on these fools...

I wanted to use so much more of this song...

• this is sick. very loose feel to it. not sure how this fell under my radar til now.

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    awesome stuff!

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    tape pre-copped! it pays to drop in on the strut once in a while, otherwise i would have missed out on this nastyness.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    "...wit' da RALeighs..."

HOLY MOTHERFUCKING FUCK JOKER THE BAILSBONDSMAN WITH BIZZY BONE?!?!

I'm damn near an atheist at this point in my life but I swear to whatever god may exist that I have a religious experience every time I listen to this song, ever since I first saw it at like 4am on Uncut.

"Tell 'em I was messin' with two heats and the Book Of Psalms...Book Of Psalms...Book Of Psalms..."

THANK YOU, JONNY.

• Whoa loving the vibe man. Tape pre-ordered.

• kalakala 3,358 Posts
    :killin_it: :killin_it: :killin_it: :killin_it: :killin_it: :killin_it: :killin_it: :killin_it: :killin_it: :killin_it: :killin_it: :killin_it: :killin_it: :killin_it: :killin_it: :killin_it: :killin_it: :killin_it: :killin_it: :killin_it: :killin_it: :killin_it: :killin_it: :killin_it:

• Loving this mix, JP

Although it does induce pangs of regret for recently deciding to sell all of my late-90s hip-hop 12s

Why Darmel's House? Why not Top's Muthafuckin' Trophy Wall? Oh wait...it's a sellout wall.

• not sure if you're being serious but I actually agonized over the title, I didn't think people would get it or worse, would think I was being exploitative.

it was the working title of my files for the duration of putting together the mix. I decided to stick with it and glad I did.

Darmel is a real person. I am paying homage.

Thanks for the backstory! Top's Motherfucking Trophy Wall is a skit on Hip Hopera. Random details from those tapes always stick in my mind and people always look at me like "huh?!" when I mention 'em. Shoot, I still reference Sheisty Barb and I bet Eligh doesn't even remember that!

• Sheisty Barb..... LOL.

Will you be folding the j-cards yourself?

• Man I almost did take it back to kinkos days when I saw the turnaround time on some of the tape quotes.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    great stuff.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    This still sounds amazing.

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    are these going out next week?

• this week, if we're lucky.

• Oh man can't wait to actually pop this into my tapedeck. Packaging looks great btw.

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    tape landed today in switzerland. Thanks for the swift shipment JP

• Can't find the keys to my mailbox. Could it be in there? The suspense is killing me.