Paging Brazilian Heads; EMI-Odeon Labels

uttersutters 321 Posts
edited October 2013 in Strut Central
Trawling through some of the Brazilian records that I bought in my youth, before I had much knowledge of what was/wasn't original/2nd/3rd presses etc. I'm confused

My basic knowledge remains;

Early 60s there is a solid dark blue label

Late 60s there is the classic white label with the wide blue cross on it

The next bit is what confuses me, as there are pressings from as early as 1970 where it changes to the gold label, but then pressings from 71/72 where the white label still remains

Then you have baby blue (my clube da esquina 2nd press), green pattern on white (my lo borges 2nd press has this)...

Anyone have a definitive history or link to the label timeline??

Comments

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    utters said:

The next bit is what confuses me, as there are pressings from as early as 1970 where it changes to the gold label, but then pressings from 71/72 where the white label still remains

Any title from 1970 with the gold label is a second press. The first title that didn't have the star label was Abilio Manoel Entre Nos MOFB 3715 from 1972 (great album).

I don't know the other transitions exactly.

• uttersutters 321 Posts
    Horseleech said:

Any title from 1970 with the gold label is a second press. The first title that didn't have the star label was Abilio Manoel Entre Nos MOFB 3715 from 1972

I have that album, it's great. How do you know that it's the first one with the gold label?