Digging spots in/near Bodrum?

djwaxondjwaxon 411 Posts
edited September 2013 in Strut Central
I'm going to Bitez/Bodrum in Turkey in a couple of weeks, and wondered if anyone knows of any digging spots?

Long shot I know.

Thanks.

Comments

• francois parkerfrancois parker formerly know as Parkz. 125 Posts
    I went to bodrum probably around 17 years ago, I didn't see any vinyl or record shops,mainly tapes of (mainstream) Turkish music and pop from around the world, there were CDs but mainly tapes.
    That was a little period in my life where I managed to loose my obsession for wax so I didn't actively dig that bit harder to see if there was any wax in the surrounding area but looking back I'd be surprised if there was any.
    Good luck.

• I've never been, but I know people who have been through Turkey in recent years looking for records.

I wouldn't count on finding any stores outside of Istanbul, just go to flea markets and show people pictures of records on your phone and see if they can point you in the right direction. Anyone who still has records in 2013 will probably know that they go for $.

• so instead of revealing my ignorance i mapped it, yeah, Istanbul isn't even close. but i always liked this guy's selection when he did the Brooklyn store: http://www.collectionof.net/curators_detail.php?cid=10

jealous you're headed out to the Aegean.

• Thanks guys, I'll check the flea markets, fingers crossed!

• None that I know of and I've owned a house there for 8 years now...

Istanbul is an odd one as it does have a few stores but it's mainly rubbish imho - sure there's some places that sell Turkish psych but it is expensive these days as it seems they've realised there is a big market for it amongst Westerners.