Wizened Folk Master Trumps Thin Lizzy

edited August 2013 in Strut Central

Kicks ass beyond time, beyond words. I can barely believe Hurley beats TL's version of this song, which has been one of my favorites for decades, but the old bastard does it.

Jeezus.

Comments

• mickalphabetmickalphabet deep inna majestic segue 374 Posts
    You reckon??

b/w

played this at a (Irish) wedding recently and it cleared the floor.

:(

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    I was in Dublin last weekend Mick and checked out the now-restored Phil statue.

IMHO, Fitting. What do you think?

I just hope the tourists don't think it's Hendrix.

• bennyboybennyboy 538 Posts
    Lynott used to catch the bus outside me Ma's house in the Coombe. /lynnottstory.

That Hurley clip = every singer in every pub.

J i m s t e r said:
    I was in Dublin last weekend Mick and checked out the now-restored Phil statue.

IMHO, Fitting. What do you think?

I just hope the tourists don't think it's Hendrix.

I like it but the choice of location on one of the worlds most expensive shopping streets makes it just another tourist gimmick really, I believe where he is buried in Sutton is where the die hard(ahem) fans go, with a fair chance of meeting his Ma tending his grave thrown in.

The benefit of being where it is, is that it might spread his name to those who don't know TL.

Most people under 40?

Downside is drunken vandalism, naturally.

• bennyboy said:
    Lynott used to catch the bus outside me Ma's house in the Coombe. /lynnottstory.

That Hurley clip = every singer in every pub.

Pure bullshit.

Or you're deaf.

• J i m s t e r said:
    The benefit of being where it is, is that it might spread his name to those who don't know TL.

Most people under 40?

Has it been vandalized?

Jean-ClaudeBanDamned said:
    J i m s t e r said:

Most people under 40?

Has it been vandalized?

it was, two drunk fellas mashed it up going home hammered one night, they owned up to it next day and the aforementioned mother of Lynott asked the police not to prosecute and even invited the lads to the re-unveiling after it was fixed.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    A young lady that I have known since she was a baby was crowned Rose Of Tralee last week...I'll ask her opinion when she gets back to the States.

b/w

Thin Lizzy FTW

• Rockadelic said:
    A young lady that I have known since she was a baby was crowned Rose Of Tralee last week...I'll ask her opinion when she gets back to the States.

b/w

Thin Lizzy FTW

And history is made as you have picked furriners over an Amurrican.

b/w

Tralee is a beautiful little town.

• GibboGibbo 124 Posts
    mickalphabet said:
    it was, two drunk fellas mashed it up going home hammered one night, they owned up to it next day and the aforementioned mother of Lynott asked the police not to prosecute and even invited the lads to the re-unveiling after it was fixed.

Apparently it wasn't bolted to the ground and was akin to a giant paper weight. The bouncers in Bruxelles could shimmy it across the ground when they wanted to extend the smoking areas outside that pub. Hopefully now it's properly tethered. But yeah those guys handed themselves in and no charges were pressed.

Gibbo said:
    mickalphabet said:

Apparently it wasn't bolted to the ground and was akin to a giant paper weight. The bouncers in Bruxelles could shimmy it across the ground when they wanted to extend the smoking areas outside that pub. Hopefully now it's properly tethered. But yeah those guys handed themselves in and no charges were pressed.

If #2 son cannot break it, consider it Properly Tethered.

• GibboGibbo 124 Posts
    Yep, it looks secure alright

The new plinth is a nice addition. It might be hard to keep it clean of all the puke and piss that accumulates in that area at night. But it's nice that the city has honoured him fittingly.