What's it worth? The price tag

CratesGatsbyCratesGatsby 47 Posts
edited August 2013 in Strut Central
Keep the price stickers on "used" records? Or remove them?

Unless it's some og sticker from when the record was sold new, I always remove the sticker. Probably started so I wasn't reminded of how much I spending. I use little Bestine and the sticker leaves no trace. That's it....

Comments

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    If I'm reselling it, I remove them. Otherwise, I keep them on as a reminder of how cheap I bought it for.

• toby.dtoby.d 254 Posts
    Always remove, but I hate doing it for fear of fucking the sleeve. I think I've only damaged a cover once and not very badly but either the shops or I need to find a new solution.

Conversely I sometimes remove a sticker from the outside of the shrink on a new record and then stick it on a plastic sleeve which the record will be going in. They usually don't even say anything interesting. Can't explain that..

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    billbradley said:
    If I'm reselling it, I remove them. Otherwise, I keep them on as a reminder of how cheap I bought it for.

+1

• There was a thread just like this back in the deezay. It involved a discussion of lighter fluid and other such removal techniques. Many people likes to keep the price tags on as a reminder. Lots of stores put dates on the price tag too, so it's kind of like a little time stamp. If you have any records from Amoeba, the numbers on there are te date it was priced, but in reverse.

• toby.d said:
    Always remove

• RishanRishan 454 Posts
    loathe stickers in all forms of existence, always remove. unless i was immediately going to sell a record, i would probably not even buy it if it had a large, difficult to remove sticker on the actual cover. those damn columbia/cbs radio stickers...

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    We are the only collectible hobby that defaces the object we are selling.

:hated_it:

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    billbradley said:

or how much you overpaid :(

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    billbradley said:

or how much you overpaid :(

If I overpaid, I'd remove the sticker so that eventually I'd forget.