Empty Sleeves

CratesGatsbyCratesGatsby 47 Posts
edited July 2013 in Strut Central
Good morning,

I picked up about 80 90's era hip-hop records a couple weeks back for free at a dealers warehouse sale, both full length and singles. Free because they have no sleeves. At the same sale, I got a bunch of 90s hip-hop 12" with picture covers. Some of these "sleeved" records had doubles in freebies (some of the doubles were marked pairs). I am guessing that this dealer picked up a dj's collection where the doubles were put into one sleeve (I myself used to do this), and pulled out the duplicates. Other records were simply orphaned. So the sleeves are history.

I've looked them all up, and about 3/4 came original in a generic white or black sleeve, some with a sticker on the sleeve.

Some of the missing picture sleeves are heat, and it would be great to get them snug back in their homes. (Pete Rock & C.L. "All Souled Out," T.R.O.Y.", "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx", Bushwick Bill "Little Big Man," ILL AL Scratch "Creep With Me," Jeru "Come Clean," "The Infamous.")

Is there an orphan record or sleeve resource out there, other then ebay? If not, there should be. Thanks.

Comments

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    There is...go to the Wants thread and check the top stickied post...

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    Serious question:

Are Ill Al Scratch considered heat? They played where my homies on rap city all the time and I could never get into them.

• Thanks for pointing me in right direction. Yes, I had totally seen that post before, and completely forgotten.

I am busted on Al Skratch being "heat," because I never really listened to him either. Same with Bushwick, aside from a couple Geto Boys classics. Admittedly, I was seduced by the dollar amount on discogs (~$40?), the golden era date, but mostly my potential freebie come up. That said, I have been a sucker for the early hip-hop full length recently. There it is...

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    CratesGatsby said:
    Good morning,
    Jeru "Come Clean,"

Is there an orphan record or sleeve resource out there, other then ebay? If not, there should be. Thanks.

not even shitting you that less than a week ago I just cut up this sleeve, Raj sent it to me in some records (as extra packaging) as there was no vinyl, so I had the sleeve for ever, it was being moved around the studio from spot to spot and I just said fuck it and cut it up and threw out the back and kept the front...I owned the full album so I had no use for an empty sleeve..

*my rational for cutting it up made no sense after the fact...as I still kept the cover, lol talk about being

I would have gladly sent it to you..