A secure to buy outside of ebay??

GamleOleGamleOle 508 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
I was the 2nd highest bidder on a record off ebay. After the auction ended I got an e-mail from the seller that he had another copy and he just send me a total and his payapal adresse, so I could send him the money. I'm a bit worried about buying outside of ebay with no safety to rely on.Should I ask him to put it on ebay with a buy-it-now so I can get it there? Can I get my money returned from paypal when it's outside ebay?What would you suggest that I do. I really need this record, so I would be grateful for your help.

Comments

• GamleOleGamleOle 508 Posts
    how is his feedback?

make him do the buy it now
    or off ebay-
    make him knock down the price by 10% since he does not have to pay ebay commision

He has 52 positive feedbacks.

He did bring down the price 10%.

But if I make him place it on ebay with a buy-it-now then he would have to pay commision.

Can I get my money back through paypal even if the deal does not go through ebay?

• I was the 2nd highest bidder on a record off ebay.

The seller can do a second offer through ebay (but with the charges). I think this is secure?

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    how is his feedback?

make him do the buy it now
    or off ebay-
    make him knock down the price by 10% since he does not have to pay ebay commision

He has 52 positive feedbacks.

He did bring down the price 10%.

But if I make him place it on ebay with a buy-it-now then he would have to pay commision.

Can I get my money back through paypal even if the deal does not go through ebay?

I would think it's okay. Pay using a credit card and you should be protected by your credit card and by Paypal. I wouldn't have a problem buying a record from someone outside of Ebay if he had a rating like that.

• GamleOleGamleOle 508 Posts
    Just in case the worst thing happens. I send him the money and he doesn't send the record. Should I then be able to my money or part of it back by reporting him to paypal?

I think he's serious but sending $100 I just want to make sure that I do it the right way, so the chances of me getting fucked is minimal.

• I was the 2nd highest bidder on a record off ebay. After the auction ended I got an e-mail from the seller that he had another copy and he just send me a total and his payapal adresse, so I could send him the money. I'm a bit worried about buying outside of ebay with no safety to rely on.

Should I ask him to put it on ebay with a buy-it-now so I can get it there? Can I get my money returned from paypal when it's outside ebay?

What would you suggest that I do. I really need this record, so I would be grateful for your help.

I guess I am enlightened now. I have offered numorous people records who were the second highest bidder and only about 2 have ever taken me up on it. I had no idea why no one was taking me up on it.

Thing is I have yet to get an offere from someone when I was the second highest bidder but would take it in a second if someone did that.

dave

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    Doesn't Ebay have an Escarow service? I thought they had one that you could use for a fee. Also what record is it? Maybe someone has a copy to sell/trade on here which may be a bit safer than ebay emails.

• I was the 2nd highest bidder on a record off ebay. After the auction ended I got an e-mail from the seller that he had another copy and he just send me a total and his payapal adresse, so I could send him the money. I'm a bit worried about buying outside of ebay with no safety to rely on.

Should I ask him to put it on ebay with a buy-it-now so I can get it there? Can I get my money returned from paypal when it's outside ebay?

What would you suggest that I do. I really need this record, so I would be grateful for your help.

I never had any problems with outside ebay transaction.
    Who dares win!