Mister Rogers' Neighborhood breakdancing segment

TheeeCasualMaleTheeeCasualMale 2,564 Posts
edited June 2013 in Strut Central
A friend just showed me this video which I'd never seen before. Really curious about the music featured on it. Does anyone recognize it? I'm assuming it's the show's house band throwing together their best interpretation of some jazz fusion beat. Quite a departure from the show's theme song.

The whole video is worth watching, but if you wanna jump right to the music, it kicks in at the 2 minute mark.

Anyone?

Comments

• BUMP.

Anyone?

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    this doesn't really help, but...unless um trippin' I think this was asked before in one of those thraeds with some of the Mr. Rogers remixes that PBS done did, not sure if I am getting this shit mixed up with someone asking the question on facebook or not..

I have no clue who that track is by, which also doesn't help..

• I'm waiting for The Lonely Island re-edit of this video where an equally blurry Betamax Mr. Rogers gets up and segues some elbow hops > headspins and the twelve year old kid is like :oh_snap:

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Thanks. Great.
    Sadly I am too old to have grown up with Mr Rogers.

I thought he just had the piano player (who is great).

Seems like someone would know this music, if not a library, then a common fusion record I would've guessed.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    LaserWolf said:
    Thanks. Great.

Seems like someone would know this music, if not a library, then a common fusion record I would've guessed.

Mr Rogers was the commencement speaker at my graduation, he brought the piano player with him (he was great). Pretty sure there was no house band on the show.

Honestly, this tune is just tepid generic fusion funk, not sure why anyone would care what it is. Sounds like any of a thousand sound library cuts I've heard.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    LaserWolf said:
    Thanks. Great.

Mr Rogers was the commencement speaker at my graduation, he brought the piano player with him (he was great). Pretty sure there was no house band on the show.

Honestly, this tune is just tepid generic fusion funk, not sure why anyone would care what it is. Sounds like any of a thousand sound library cuts I've heard.

I think I may have said this before, because I think this video was discussed on SoulStrut a few years back, but someone should really overdub the dance segment with some Apache, or at least some Rain Forest.