Del Jone's Positve Vibes.

VagabondVagabond 417 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
I just heard some tracks off the album Court is Closed. What does this album sell for? Is there other stuff by Del that is worth checking out? Thanks.Any info about this artists is much appreciated.

Comments

• I just heard some tracks off the album Court is Closed. What does this album sell for? Is there other stuff by Del that is worth checking out? Thanks.

Any info about this artists is much appreciated.

Great album $300-$500 ?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Don't know for sure, but I think it's going for a little less. Have seen cheaper copies a few years back...

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    There are two different OG versions with different covers and different mixes. One is rarer than the other.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    There are two different OG versions with different covers and different mixes. One is rarer than the other.

which one are we talking about? i guess he meant the resissued version? Is the reissued LP worse than the other?

• VagabondVagabond 417 Posts
    Hmmm, 300-500 ? Thank goodness for Soulseek. It's good music; but I don't know about 3 bills worth of good music. This is a great album overall. It's got that sitting on the curb kickin' dope kind of vibe.

• mistercmisterc 329 Posts
    As someone said there's a rock mix and a soul mix. The soul mix has an illustration of Africa. It has horns and the loud guitars are made quiet. The rock mix has a group photo. No horns and loud Hendrixy guitars. Most people, including me, seem to like the rock mix because it's more distinctive, I guess, and it's more money.

• the "rock mix" was the original, recorded in the basement of their projects. i think it was just less produced. the africa cover is more polished and still ridiculous. the rock mix has a picture in a studio session, if i remember right. its been impossible to find for a looong time. the other cover pops up now and then.

• ooops, just saw kidinquisotives weekend finds of the rock mix...2 photos.
    bad memory i