SNL Kanye and Alt Legends

volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
edited May 2013 in Strut Central
I enjoyed Kanye as performance art.

The jam at the end was insane. Steve Jones and a J Mascis solo!!

Comments

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    the whole show had a "last episode" feel to it from the second half on. are they losing most of the cast or something?

there was also a pretty funny moment during the finale where kanye was standing in the middle of everyone pretending like no one wanted to talk to him or hug him. sudeikis came over to him and made him snap out of the "the streets made me this way" performance art yeezy-ism.

also quite funny that will armisen has made a second career out of lampooning hipster culture and then very unironically performs a song with a fake brit accent and brings out kim gordon, j mascis and aimee mann.

EDIT:

SNL members leaving between last night and end of the season: armisen, hader, sudeikis and seth meyers [taking over fallon's spot]

• TheKindCromangTheKindCromang 1,463 Posts
    also quite funny that will armisen has made a second career out of lampooning hipster culture and then very unironically performs a song with a fake brit accent and brings out kim gordon, j mascis and aimee mann.]

I see your point, but I think (especially if you are referring to Portlandia), their particular POV for lampooning hipster culture actually comes from being a part of hipster culture. We are talking about a former member of Sleater Kinney after all

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    sounds like gary glitter

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    Armisen started out in indy/alt bands and for his last show he flew out his comedy partner and some of music heroes to perform with him. Pretty cool IMO.

i definitely liked seeing him have his day. i just also enjoyed the irony of it.

i also appreciated how he didn't have do that 'oh my god, it's ______' throwaway line to let the uninitiated in on it.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    i definitely liked seeing him have his day. i just also enjoyed the irony of it.

i also appreciated how he didn't have do that 'oh my god, it's ______' throwaway line to let the uninitiated in on it.

Might've been useful. Other than Steve Jones, I didn't know who any of those people were, but I recognized the brunette next to Armisen for some reason.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    I thought SNL was a repeat this week.

Will check On-Demand.