New York City (Visit R)

2»

Comments

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    batmon said:
    PatrickCrazy said:
    i havent had any good chinese food since i moved here and am still not used to white people working in asian joints

Take a train to Sunsrt park instead of Williamsburg.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    PatrickCrazy said:
    queens is too far for me

This is the name of a book just waiting to be written about Manhattan life.

Ha!

"I haven't had good _______ since I move here."

"Leave your neighborhood."

"Wha???"

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    gareth said:
    DB_Cooper said:
    PatrickCrazy said:
    queens is too far for me

This is the name of a book just waiting to be written about Manhattan life.

Ha!

"I haven't had good _______ since I move here."

"Leave your apartment."

"Wha???"

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Talking about the best B-B-Q in NYC is like me talking about the best Knish in Dallas!

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    you can get edible bbq in NYC

not sure if the same can be said for knishes in TX.... hell, most knishes in NYC aren't edible.

Rockadelic said:
    Talking about the best B-B-Q in NYC is like me talking about the best Knish in Dallas!

I'm sure this used to be true, but BBQ has exploded in NYC over the last few years. I don't doubt that there isn't anything on the level of the top places in TX etc, but I defy anybody who likes BBQ not to enjoy the meal I posted above. (the pit master is from TX)

Horseleech said:
    Rockadelic said:

I'm sure this used to be true, but BBQ has exploded in NYC over the last few years. I don't doubt that there isn't anything on the level of the top places in TX etc, but I defy anybody who likes BBQ not to enjoy the meal I posted above. (the pit master is from TX)

Let me tell you about Texas Pizza.....that shit has exploded down here.....we even have Pizza Chef's from NYC(By way of Estonia).

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Korean BBQ

If your visiting NYC i dont expect anyone in one week to absorb all the shit thats available.

Stay Downtown and get that on.

Your not gonna get the most outta NY jumpin around to Harlem, The Bronx, Queens, and Brooklyn.

Theres too much to take in. Go "hard" in Manhattan and maybe some Williamsburg at night shit and call it a day.

Feel free to take pictures of things that are already on the internet.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    batmon said:
    so ill

damn I was there yesterday and didn't even notice the Best Buy being gone. They were on some constant never having what [b]I need shit though[/b].

"hello..im looking for 3LW's second album?"

"Nah....the second album w/ the brown skin chic that did the nude scene in that Biggie biopic"

"OK, do yall have that Weeds Season 3?"

"Ok What about that Rom Com w/ Robert Deniro where he acts like himself?"
    "Nah, not the Fockers, that other joint!"

Rockadelic said:
    Horseleech said:
    Rockadelic said:

Let me tell you about Texas Pizza.....that shit has exploded down here.....we even have Pizza Chef's from NYC(By way of Estonia).

I would believe it. We even have several kick ass pizza places in the tiny town I'm in on Cape Cod - which would have been unthinkable more than five years ago.

Horseleech said:
    Rockadelic said:
    Horseleech said:
    Rockadelic said:

I would believe it. We even have several kick ass pizza places in the tiny town I'm in on Cape Cod - which would have been unthinkable more than five years ago.

We've got way too many "New York Style" Pizza joints down here.....and compared to Pizza Hut or Dominoes they're pretty damn good.....then I go up to NY and hit ANY local Pizza place and realize just how bad ours sucks!

The worst pizza I've ever had is a fight to the low end death between two NY slice joints. You can find incredible stuff at a corner spot, you can find high end shit that is incredible (not Roberta's- worth it for the atmosphere, but the pizza is no more than good), but like every-freaking-thing in NYC, you can find all range of shit- the best and the absolute worst.

BTW, those worst pizzas ever did not include the free pie you get with a drink at the Crocodile Lounge.

Speaking of which, if you make it to midtown, get a free hot dog with a drink at Rudy's.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    batmon said:
    Korean BBQ

If your visiting NYC i dont expect anyone in one week to absorb all the shit thats available.

Stay Downtown and get that on.

Your not gonna get the most outta NY jumpin around to Harlem, The Bronx, Queens, and Brooklyn.

Theres too much to take in. Go "hard" in Manhattan and maybe some Williamsburg at night shit and call it a day.

^^^this

thanks so much guys for the heads up. The city is amazing. Was at mobile mondays yesterday. All 45 night. Was dope.

Hit Russ & Daughters for a bagel with smoked salmon.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    batmon said:
    empanadamn said:
    I got my R&B party NO DIGGITY every other week at Fat Buddha in the East Village. They got good buns, too. Hit me with your email address and I can add you to my weekly emailer.

What era of R&B???

We play whatevs - not really confined to an era, but typically 70s and up. The girls are responsive to the 90s-00s joints though. Because people are selective in what they hear and like, it's commonly mistaken as a 90s party. It's not.

This was the last one we did. Gotta get on the next poster.

Cool.

96 song with an 86 Image.......hmmmmm.

delete

Delite

D.E.L.E.T.E.

• empanadamnempanadamn 1,462 Posts
    batmon said:
    Cool.

Yeah it didn't even dawn on me that title lends itself to being 90s, so cause for confusion. Oh well...
    You're invited to come down and rock sometime if you want.

• Fred_GarvinFred_Garvin The land of wind and ghosts 337 Posts
    empanadamn said:
    batmon said:
    Cool.

Yeah it didn't even dawn on me that title lends itself to being 90s, so cause for confusion. Oh well...

I would contend that Sade pictures are acceptable in any context.

empanadamn said:
    batmon said:
    Cool.

I gotta check y'all out.