Comments

• GatorToofGatorToof 582 Posts
    no thoughts or opinions on this, yet?

anyone think it is just require formalities? surely, the librarians in he'ya must be thrilled, despite their voting persuasion.

btw, I am taking advantage of the library's computing resources at this moment.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    D.E.L.E.T.E.

rootlesscosmo said:
    D.E.L.E.T.E.

:cry:

Who doesn't think libraries are great? Furthermore, do you even collect records? I mean really, who collects records and doesn't think libraries are great? I bet Ctrl7, who probably knows you, and others are very disappointed. Unless, you are just being ironic; like in some sort of sick Floydian satire. The lack of originally, as seen in the unscruplous copping of a Batmon term, leads me to believ, yes, you are joking.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    I haven't even paid attention. It'd be rad if they put this kind of money and effort into public libraries on a more even scale and not just to stroke someone's ego. But I haven't even read anything about it, so maybe it's awesome.

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    congratulations texas. on your library.

first one out there?

or was this just an attempt to drag ol GWB into the mix for 20 pages of howling, trolling and tangential hysteria?

Controller_7 said:
    so maybe it's awesome.

It's marvelous!

In addition to the usual library services, I heard they are going to have visiting authors, where you can even buy a book and have it signed.

vintageinfants said:
    congratulations texas. on your library.

first one out there?

or was this just an attempt to drag ol GWB into the mix for 20 pages of howling, trolling and tangential hysteria?

HA!

c.) none of the above

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    well thank god for that.

vintageinfants said:
    well thank god for that.

whats the difference between a canoe and a canuck?

Canoes tip. :comedy_gold:

GatorToof said:
    Controller_7 said:
    so maybe it's awesome.

It's marvelous!

In addition to the usual library services, I heard they are going to have visiting authors, where you can even buy a book and have it signed.

Lots of libraries do this.

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    Does your library have a disproportionate number of picture books with large type and stiff cardboard pages?

LoopDreams said:
    Does your library have a disproportionate number of picture books with large type and stiff cardboard pages?

Is that for me?

Those are called board books. They let babies and toddlers learn about books without destroying them.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    The Bush Library, where you too can learn to read upside-down...

Controller_7 said:
    LoopDreams said:

Is that for me?

Those are called board books. They let babies and toddlers learn about books without destroying them.

And learn English. After all, the library is more than just a Texas library, its an American library.

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    Controller_7 said:
    LoopDreams said:

Is that for me?

No it was at those that frequent the Dubya library