Sound Directions / Madlib

Insulin1200Insulin1200 396 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
Sound Directions
*audio

anywurn peeped this shit yet? apparantly ya boy is just arranging and directing a band.

so figuring the strut would be the better funk authority: whaddayathink?

i aint mad at it. you? or can some of y'all "hatt" on it still cuz it got his name attached? you know he aint touching any of the instruments (i think). this head would like to know the deal. discuss batches.

please dont "take-that-shit-to-stonesthrow.com" me.

Comments

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts
    madlib thread # 2040. i'm sure he played all the instruments. strutters gonna hate it. i like it. the horse is still a great song and the least that one expect from madlib. but the main thing here is that he has never sounded as straight as here with one of his "bands". you can even bring it to your gig.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I have yet to hear this, but from what I understand he had some outside help with this one (Malcolm Catto, etc.).

I had the Japan only single and wasn't really feeling it despite it being a cover of Stanley Cowell's "Travelin' Man". You can't really fuck with the original unless you're an accomplished musician IMO.

• These songs did nothing for me, and I'm a sucker for the sound he's trying to pay homage to. Save your money and buy the new 45s that Jinx and Cool Chris just put out.

• I liked the horse but the other one was kinda loose. I wouldn't buy it (The Funky Side of Life). I'd check them out if they giged for sure. Might be interesting.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    DOPE! very straight up straight ahead groove/theme wise, the drums sound is fucking RAW, and the horns very authentic, I definitely like it...