Ebay just removed my auction copyright violations! WTF

mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
edited April 2013 in Strut Central
I had up a radio station box set of an American Top 40 broadcast from back in the 80s.

Nowhere on the item does it say "not for resale, etc", yet Ebay just yanked it due to copyright infringement.
Anyone else had this experience?
Looks like there are a few sellers on Ebay selling them with impunity:

http://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php?pagenum=1&searchtext=american+top+40&incldescr;=&sortord=ddate&thumbs;=&currsel;=

Are they some sort of "authorized reseller" or something? Do they have a monopoly on selling them on Ebay?
These things bring about $150 each so im kind of inclinced to fight this.

Comments

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    mrmatthew said:
    I had up a radio station box set of an American Top 40 broadcast from back in the 80s.

Nowhere on the item does it say "not for resale, etc", yet Ebay just yanked it due to copyright infringement.
    Anyone else had this experience?
    Looks like there are a few sellers on Ebay selling them with impunity:

http://www.popsike.com/php/quicksearch.php?pagenum=1&searchtext=american+top+40&incldescr;=&sortord=ddate&thumbs;=&currsel;=

Are they some sort of "authorized reseller" or something? Do they have a monopoly on selling them on Ebay?
    These things bring about $150 each so im kind of inclinced to fight this.

You can fight it if you want, but you'll probably lose.

This is radio content that is most likely owned by somebody or another and was never authorized for sale, it doesn't have to say 'not for resale'. People sell stuff like this all of the time, but it is a violation and if somebody complains they'll yank it.

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    gaz said:

Ha!
    Looks like they pretty much do have a lockdown on selling these on Ebay.
    Thats pretty shady.

Maybe I'll see if they want to buy mine ;)

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Ha! Love the live feed of us all checking the site out... With a link to this thread.

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    DOR said:
    Ha! Love the live feed of us all checking the site out... With a link to this thread.

Guess me calling them shady might adversely affect thier decision to buy my records
    Oh well... hoisted by my own petard and whatnot......