New Youngbloodz song.

magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
Has anyone heard this yet? It's called "Presidential" produced by Lil Jon.The video they did for it is cool too,it shows them getting CRUNK in the White House .I also like how they had some scratchin'on the end of the song,you dont really hear that alot nowadays,it caught me off guard.This could be the one that blows them up big this time.

Comments

• is this the same song that is/was called "George Bush"?

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Has anyone heard this yet?

me NO likes

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    is this the same song that is/was called "George Bush"?
    It could be they rap his name in chorus
    "What we smoke? that good shit,presidential shit,George Bush"

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Has anyone heard this yet? It's called "Presidential" produced by Lil Jon.The video they did for it is cool too,it shows them getting CRUNK in the White House .
    I also like how they had some scratchin'on the end of the song,you dont really hear that alot nowadays,it caught me off guard.This could be the one that blows them up big this time.

Heard this on a few mixtapes, but it didn't make a real impression... have to go back and listen more closely.

I'm not sure if the Youngbloodz have it in them to be a really big act. "Daaamn" was huge, but I don't think the record buying public was conscious of them as being much more than an extension of Li'l Jon... and I think they'll encounter the same problem with this record. It's a shame, because both of their albums were good.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I know you???re waitin for daddy, it won???t be long shawty
    Be patient cause I???m comin to you
    Ridin dirty on 85, slow, takin it easy
    I don???t want nothin to keep me from you

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    faux speaketh the truth

nice to see Lil'Jon is still using the same instruments

milkin' it

What i really like about them is their contrasting voices.Sean Paul's country drawl is so thick the simplest of words sound indecipherable to me,i'm still trying to figure if he said "good shit" or "kush" in the chorus of the song.

Have you heard the track with Twista ft.David Banner and Sean Paul(youngbloodz)"Diamonds in my Watch"? it's on a mixtape called Evil Empire presents Be South 5 hosted by Paul Wall,i'm feelin it also, along with this Killer Mike sond called "Suite 112" it uses the music from the 112 song "Cupid"

The South is right now.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    It's a shame, because both of their albums were good.

i was just listening to a few cuts of the first album..."85" is a classic song.

very good[/b]

not very good[/b]

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

not very good[/b]

Isn't dude on the right Andre 3000's cousin or something?

very good[/b]

not very good[/b]

Could it have something to do "wit dat drank"? those guys are looking "drunk as fuc" on the 2nd album cover.

What i really like about them is their contrasting voices.Sean Paul's country drawl is so thick the simplest of words sound indecipherable to me,i'm still trying to figure if he said "good shit" or "kush" in the chorus of the song.

Have you heard the track with Twista ft.David Banner and Sean Paul(youngbloodz)"Diamonds in my Watch"? it's on a mixtape called Evil Empire presents Be South 5 hosted by Paul Wall,i'm feelin it also, along with this Killer Mike sond called "Suite 112" it uses the music from the 112 song "Cupid"
    The South is right now.

But, yo, is Sean Paul white? Does he exaggerate his country drawl? Are conscious black artists offended by the explicitness of his material?

I think that Killer Mike cut originated on Got that Purp--at least there's a track on there where he rhymes over "Cupid," which is kind of sick. The Evil Empire tapes are actually put together by a guy in NY that lifts stuff from various southern mixtapes, clumps them together, and then puts "New York's number one supplier of that dirty south shit" drops on top.

very good[/b]

not very good[/b]

Hatter.

Have you heard the final released version of the album? Because there was a vastly inferior version that circulated about six months before release.

Aside from the ill-advised tribute to tequila with the corny Spanish guitar patches, I can't see what's not to like.

• "presidential" is not bad by any means, but fairly generic. video sounds crazy though.

i kind of wish the youngbloodz would go back to more "organic" (no phoniks) organized noize-sounding stuff. their voices sound great over guitar tracks like "u way"

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I know you???re waitin for daddy, it won???t be long shawty
    Be patient cause I???m comin to you
    Ridin dirty on 85, slow, takin it easy
    I don???t want nothin to keep me from you

No QUESTION. That's my shit.

very good[/b]

not very good[/b]

Hatter.

Have you heard the final released version of the album? Because there was a vastly inferior version that circulated about six months before release.

The bootleg was TERRIBLE,i agree...but the official release was IMO...i think maybe i just expected much more because of how much i enjoyed Against Da Grain....."Presedential" is not bad either it's just terribly unoriginal