ebay seller tactic

crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
so you know how you can have a counter on your auctions that show how many views it gets? what if you just keep looking at your auctions over and over so then it looks like it's really getting peeped and people will want it more? might work.

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    in the future I plan to challenge all my potential buyers to a rap battle.

• so you know how you can have a counter on your auctions that show how many views it gets? what if you just keep looking at your auctions over and over so then it looks like it's really getting peeped and people will want it more? might work.

if you have many many many views, but no bids I think that would have an adverse effect on people wanting it more,

• unless you plan on shill bidding too its a fucking waste. people will think that its an enticing title that ended up bunk cuz it got hundreds of views and no bids.

• iconicon 86 Posts
    This wouldn't work unless you go from connection to connection to do it. It only counts any 1 IP once.

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
    i figured it wouldn't work. just trying to beat the system with crap records!

This wouldn't work unless you go from connection to connection to do it. It only counts any 1 IP once.

i realized this just now. so all i have to do is just buy a bunch of computers, get different connections for them, then start viewing my auctions...sounds feasible.

the bidding thing isn't as important because people don't bid until the end anyway.

• the bidding thing isn't as important because people don't bid until the end anyway.

I always bid early, with a high amount.

Since I'm the only ealy bidder, it appears as a low initial bid. While everyone waits until the end with their bid, they think they can outbid with a small amount. This leads to frustration amongst many buyers since their puny bids keep being outbid by my early, generous, amount. With seconds remaining on the auction, they frantically try to increase their bid - only to realize their wack ebay bidding tactics and the loss of raer.

[/ebay buyer tactic revealed]

• This wouldn't work unless you go from connection to connection to do it. It only counts any 1 IP once.

i realized this just now. so all i have to do is just buy a bunch of computers, get different connections for them, then start viewing my auctions...sounds feasible.

the bidding thing isn't as important because people don't bid until the end anyway.

i cant tell if you are joking or what ...

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
    i've noticed a lot of ebay posts today. do you guys all work for ebay now ? is this viral marketing at work ?

dave

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    no offence to the crazypoop man, but this has to be the most retarded eBay strategy I've ever heard.

• no offence to the crazypoop man, but this has to be the most retarded eBay strategy I've ever heard.

Aren't you two the same person?

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    no offence to the crazypoop man, but this has to be the most retarded eBay strategy I've ever heard.

I wasn't gonna say anything...

we are different, but cut from the same ghey cloth so to speak.

and pretty much everything i say i say in jest. so no, i'm not going to go buy a bunch of computers to try to up my ebay auction views.

• no offence to the crazypoop man, but this has to be the most retarded eBay strategy I've ever heard.

I wasn't gonna say anything...

haha, somehow I can't see me going out every day on a mission to find a new computer to look my your auction with.

• Here's an idea tho. Depending on how your ISP refreshes IP addresses, you might be able to get a different one each time you connect and get a DHCP address.

I have a cable modem and have had the same address for a while, but with dialup I get a different one each time. Wouldn't be too hard to program a little application to repeat dial to connect, ping the auctions, then disconnect, then repeat.

• Here's an idea tho. Depending on how your ISP refreshes IP addresses, you might be able to get a different one each time you connect and get a DHCP address.

I have a cable modem and have had the same address for a while, but with dialup I get a different one each time. Wouldn't be too hard to program a little application to repeat dial to connect, ping the auctions, then disconnect, then repeat.

way over thinking. how about you just dont put a counter IMAGE where an actual anandale counter would go:

then it will look like your auction has 99,196 hits and no bids. must be a heater. i cant believe i am actually contributing to the idiocy that is this thread.

contributing to the idiocy quite nicely i must say!

• why thank you!

• funksnotdead is full of all sorts of great ideas. we've tossed around thousands of get rich quick schemes, one day somebody is bound to hit.