Hey, James...

HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
edited March 2013 in Strut Central
Weird to the hilt, but last night I had a dream that I was rummaging through this house a friend of mine bought where the former residents had hardly removed any of their belongings. After grabbing a bunch of kid books for my daughter, then a bunch of old football cards for myself...then having sex with this random woman until my mom(!) walked into the room and broke it up...then grabbing some titles from an extensive cassette collection, I ran across a book that was at least in my dream written by none other than you. Your last name apparently has too many consonants in it, something like Tlatskyak...ha! And although I spent a few minutes thumbing through it, I can't remember what the book was actually about (it had no pictures). But somehow, someway, I was convinced that it was written by you.

Point being, if you haven't already written a book, you need to do so now.

Comments

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    Dang. Family, music, sex, literature, sports collectibles--that dream really had it all. Mine are never that good. The last relevant one I had was that I'd been conscripted to create all the promotional materials for some hipster carnival thing, and for part of it they wanted me to copy the style of these printed slogans that I recognized as the work of the inimitable Mike "2600" Davis. I felt bad about it for a minute, 'cause Mike's the dude, but feeling bad don't feed the bulldog, so I got cracking. And anyway, after that I was gonna have to make a shoebox diorama thing involving a ferris wheel and a rocket ship, so you see, time was of the essence. Sorry, Mike.

(And you're not too far off, actually: My last name is Italianate and somewhat lengthy, so it's got too much of everything.)

And it just so happens that I'm in the final stages of my manuscript: The Skills To Pay The Bushwick Bills: White Brooklyn's Post-Katrina Re-Resurrection Of Southern Rap Via Pitchfork Dot Com And America's Glorious Two-Party System. I've been waffling, but this might be just the push I need. Thanks, Harv!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    james said:
    The Skills To Pay The Bushwick Bills: White Brooklyn's Post-Katrina Re-Resurrection Of Southern Rap Via Pitchfork Dot Com And America's Glorious Two-Party System.

Please let me write the foreword for this, please oh please oh please...