Looking Back: Soulman World of Beats

2»

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    While Soulman is indeed a badass who had a badass column and whatnot, some of y'all act like you never read the liner notes citing samples on rap albums before.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    While Soulman is indeed a badass who had a badass column and whatnot, some of y'all act like you never read the liner notes citing samples on rap albums before.

"lets remix Bongo Rock!!!!!"

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^
    lolz

• batmon said:
    HarveyCanal said:

"lets remix Bongo Rock!!!!!"

then why did you even open this thread?

soulstruts waldorf and stadler in full effect.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:

There's a big difference between say reading the linear notes on a Diamond D LP and reading an interview with him talking about breaks and digging. And you know hip hop groups didn't really have to start giving up their samples until the early 90s... and even then there was a lot of stuff that wasn't cited in the linear notes.Plus WOB was more than just a list of breaks/samples/records... it covered all aspects of diggin and inspired/informed a great deal of people.

But I guess you didn't need WOB... you had the neighbourhood elders to consult with about what records to buy ;P..... Hey you know what rhymes with crate and break....???? MAAAAATTTTTEEEEEE

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    ^^^Strikes an awkward b-boy stance in a painter's cap with flaps.