Comments

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    At least one of the male vocalists on this is likely to be a pre-solo success Elton John, and another's likely to be David Byron ex- of Uriah Heep. Whether that warrants such an eye-watering price-tag is something only Heep and Elton John completists can realistically answer, although it does have some collectors value for the aforementioned reasons. See also the Funky Junction albums on Stereo Gold Award, at least one of which features the o.g. Thin Lizzy line-up. Skel will know the exact details of that one (and possibly the Avenue ones), I'm sure.

• hmmmm. i have the marble arch pressing. should i be trying to flip?

peace, stein. . .

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I've got, or at least I did have, a few of those Avenue comps, but I don't think I have that one. They sounded more interesting than the standard 'sounds like hits' comps and are definitely harder to turn up, but that's quite a price.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    I sold a grip of Avenue 45s a few weeks back, it was all about the bubbling library bass and supreme drum skills. Alan Caddy FTW.

But not a great amount of interest on the bidding.
    These were 69-72 joints sold in (and advertising) supermarkets. His version of Black Skin Blue Eyed Boys is stellar, even if it does name check Tesco.

The Funky Junction outing on the Gladys Knight LP has a decent couple of tracks, but think there is doubt about whether it is in fact Lizzy.
    The Deep Purple cover joint is Luzzy but is dross IMHO.

That is all.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    skel said:
    I sold a grip of Avenue 45s a few weeks back, it was all about the bubbling library bass and supreme drum skills. Alan Caddy FTW.

But not a great amount of interest on the bidding.
    These were 69-72 joints sold in (and advertising) supermarkets. His version of Black Skin Blue Eyed Boys is stellar, even if it does name check Tesco.

The Funky Junction outing on the Gladys Knight LP has a decent couple of tracks, but think there is doubt about whether it is in fact Lizzy.

That is all.

I used to have that Avenue 45 with Black Skin Blue-Eyed Boys on it when I was a kid. My dad used to be a warehouse manager for Tesco and brought a gang of them home from work. Lord knows what became of them.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    skel said:

The Gladys Knight Lp Doesn't have Thin Lizzy on it. The Deep Purple one is Thin Lizzy with the singer and keyboard player from Elmer Fudd. It has a few moments, imo, but not worth filing.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    ok, thanks for the insightfullness on this guys, seen it a few times, copped it a few, for the dizzy drumbreak, had no idea it had any collectable value..