Lil Wayne.

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited March 2013 in Strut Central
According to TMZ, he's being read his last rites now.

I can't lie, this makes me sad.

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Me, too.
    I expect there will be the obligatory snide and mean-spirited comments, so I want to get in my comments before the bullshit starts. He will hopefully pull through and slow down. He' got a lot of reasons to make it past 30.
    Really sad.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I like the guy. Lately it seems like he's been phoning it in as far as his music goes, but he was very entertaining for a lot longer than he was boring. (To me, at least.)

But yeah, all sorts of fools are gonna pipe in here just to say some mean ass shit. Yawn.

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Not true?

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Yeah, but now these stories are getting updated saying it's not true.

Who knows?

I saw a Twitter post with Mack Maine saying he's okay. (Well, not okay per se but not as bad as we're led to believe.)

I don't know, TMZ doesn't usually mess around when it comes to this type of stuff. Yeah, they're childish and annoying on slow news days, but on this type of stuff they're usually on-point (due to their unscrupulous ways).

seizures would not be anything new, severe ones would also not be out of the realm of possibility.

last rites, etc. - hopefully not true or necessary.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    Herm said:
    I don't know, TMZ doesn't usually mess around when it comes to this type of stuff. Yeah, they're childish and annoying on slow news days, but on this type of stuff they're usually on-point (due to their unscrupulous ways).

this is true. even though they suck, when it comes to schitt like this...

• i'll start this by saying that i dont want lil wayne to die. i dont wish that on my enemies.

it IS, however, very difficult to be markedly sympathetic to someone that contributed so heavily to his own demise. i understand that addiction is an illness, and i will wave a flag and go door to door to see that we find a way to stop that. my main problem with mr carter is how heavily he not only glorified and promoted his addiction to the point where it became en vogue, but he also glorified the concept of suicide and death.

again, i dont want him to die. but his candidacy for the matter hasn't exactly moved me.

• b/w white america's fabricated scandal to take focus off the kimani gray shooting/riots?

TMZ removed the last rites update. Is that a first for them?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Thread is nalgas

Do u just sit on TMZ waiting for shit like this Herm?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I can't feel my face.

Jonny_Paycheck said:
    Thread is nalgas

Do u just sit on TMZ waiting for shit like this Herm?

Nah, shit was pretty crazy/serious last night though. Made the rounds, was all over FB and even "broke" TMZ for a while. (Not enough to break the whole internet like Michael Jackson's death did though.)

I saw stuff on FB and twitter too but I'm not trying to be a rumor mill yahm? Doesn't take anything to wait and see what's really goings on...

Just saying

• Jonny_Paycheck said:
    I saw stuff on FB and twitter too but I'm not trying to be a rumor mill yahm? Doesn't take anything to wait and see what's really goings on...

Just saying

Not that I give a rat's a** about Lil Wayne but I'm not sure why you're coming down on Herm for this. Doesn't this happen every time something like this is in the news?

SmallAxeRick said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:

Just saying

Not that I give a rat's a** about Lil Wayne but I'm not sure why you're coming down on Herm for this. Doesn't this happen every time something like this is in the news?

Thank you, sir! If I remember correctly, a Michael Jackson thread started before anything was confirmed. (Not saying Weezy is MJ level, of course.)

Yeah, I was going off TMZ, just like many other folks. I think this is the first time they jumped the gun on something like this. I'm sure they'll be a little more careful with their facts ("facts?") going forward.

SmallAxeRick said:
    Jonny_Paycheck said:

Just saying

does it? I don't know man, seems like Herm is always on here with the TMZ report. Shit just seems kinda unseemly and I felt like saying something this time around

Like I said, I read a lot of bullshit yesterday too, just cuz a bunch of fools say something on FB or twitter doesn't mean shit. Dudes can exercise their critical thinking skillz. There's people on here I wouldn't question but I know ol' Hermie is smarter than all that

People STILL do not know what's going on so the whole thread is a bad look IMO. Dudes need to think before posting. Not that that's ever stopped anyone before

Sorry Johnny. Didn't mean to offend you or clutter up your day with well-wishes for Weezy. Next time I'll wait 'til the last nail's in the coffin. Or maybe 'til they announce the Weezy The Friendly Ghost cartoon that's sure to follow.

El oh el. U mad bro?

Keep on TMZin in the free world

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:

Keep on TMZin in the free world

...and "doot doola doot doo"...

I guess I'll respond since I'm in the thread. I got a couple of texts of the "Weezy's dying!" nature - so I checked Google News like I linked. TMZ didn't really come into it, but it seemed strange that a bunch of other outlets were using TMZ as their source.
    He's had a really bad seizure, or more than one, and is hospitalized. Not really questionable since it's happened before - and from what I can tell, true...and can go any way. The idea that a man of 30 with young children and family and a life ahead of him that he is hellbent on numbing and destroying, that has been somewhat of a permanent installation in my music landscape for over 10 years, might be dying made enough of an impression on me and I posted - here and on FB, actually. I feel fine with it.

If people want to discuss the perils of addiction and side effects of codeine then have at it.

I just kind of wish the rumor mill hadn't been cranked all the way up without any kind of confirmation.. There is still no clear info besides "Wayne had a seizure and was hospitalized". The rest of the TMZ report is suspect as far as I'm concerned

Celeb-gossip-strut?

Well looky who started this thread when the man had "just had a heart attack and was apparently in critical condition":

http://www.soulstrut.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/62399/

(TMZ broke that story, by the way.)

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    SmallAxeRick said:
    (Not saying Weezy is MJ level, of course.)

• Jonny_Paycheck said:
    If people want to discuss the perils of addiction and side effects of codeine then have at it.

Thank you for your permission. It means a lot.

Somebody plaese to start a "Herm R.I.P." thread since Jonny will not allow me to live.

Well, this thread is turning into a TMZ-worthy segment, so let me share one of my favourite celeb moments...and I use the term celeb both loosely and with some degree of embarrassment..

That's my fav pic too, Bassie. (Snoop, I mean.)

• Herm said: