Weed Cannon

HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
edited March 2013 in Strut Central
Mexican pot smugglers blast marijuana into U.S. with a cannon

http://www.tokeofthetown.com/2013/03/mexican_pot_smugglers_blast_marijuana_into_us_with_a_cannon.php

It's almost something out of an old Wile E. Coyote cartoon. But unlike Acme cannons this one worked, and it was launching cannabis instead of a cartoon carnivore. The Mexicali Public Safety Department Tuesday say they confiscated a pneumatic gun used to shoot bales of herb and other drugs into the United States.

And they've been doing it for some time.

Just look at that thing for a second. Marvel at the ingenuity. For those who don't speak Home Depot, it's basically a massive industrial PVC drain pipe shoved into the ass end of what looks like a hot water heater or a propane tank. The whole thing is apparently powered by an old car engine-turned-air compressor. It's like a potato gun on steroids with a career in smuggling shitty weed.

The gun allegedly could fire up to 28 pounds of herb across the border and over a fence(or cocaine or whatever they wanted to fire over that day). Police in the U.S. were tipped off only after noticing several tube-shaped loads in recent raids. No word on how long the ganja grenade launcher had been in operation.

This isn't the first drug-blasting cannon border authorities have found. In December of last year a cannon in Arizona was busted after blasting 33 two-pound barrels of marijuana up to 500 feet into the U.S. California authorities have also discovered cannons in the past. From best we can tell, though, this is the largest one to date.

While extremely funny and borderline awesome - it's also extremely sad; this is exactly the type of shit that our failing drug policies in this country promote. Instead of starving that market by allowing Americans the freedom to cultivate cannabis, we create entire criminal industries that have to resort to Dr. Evil-like techniques to get their crap herb over here.

Smoke local whenever possible, friends.

Comments

• SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
    Yeah they been using Catapults to throw bails over the new border wall for a minute now.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,236 Posts
    that's child's play. This is what happens when they get serious:

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:

While extremely funny and borderline awesome - it's also extremely sad; this is exactly the type of shit that our failing drug policies in this country promote. Instead of starving that market by allowing Americans the freedom to cultivate cannabis, we create entire criminal industries that have to resort to Dr. Evil-like techniques to get their crap herb over here.

Smoke local whenever possible, friends.

Yep. I read about this from other sources and it's also very sad how whenever the American mainstream news media reports about 'marijuana' ("CANNABIS!") smuggling or 'major drug busts' (in other words, Keystone Kops stumbling upon some warehouse grow op), serious journalism goes straight out the window. "Looks like their plan went....UP IN SMOKE! Tee hee hee!"

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    WE DON'T WANT YOUR DIRT WEED!

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    RAJ said:
    WE DON'T WANT YO' REGGIE!

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Sharkapult!

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    RAJ said:
    WE DON'T WANT YO' STEMMY-ASS STREEBO!

b/w

i feel really bad for whoever is still making an effort to smuggle some reggie into the united states.

• thraeds about weed.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    The-gaffler said:

i feel really bad for whoever is still making an effort to smuggle some reggie into the united states.

HIGH schoolers have to get their weed somewhere. I didn't even see anything green for a couple years there.

• preferred method of payment?
    ..... cash-tapult

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    It amazes me how high we would get off of dirt weed back in the 80's.