minusnzminusnz 62 Posts
edited August 2005 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
Feel a bit rude posting wants for a first post however,

I have a few trades, mostly library.

Cheers.

Comments

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    What NZ stuff are you after?

I have a few things you might be interested in.

• minusnzminusnz 62 Posts
    Im trying to find info about the 'eugino d' 45, a friend pointed me towards this site, apparently there was some talk about it here.
    I have never seen or know of anyone personally that has it, very curious to find out more about it, or if anyone has one for trade.

Sounds like it could be a limited promo of some sort.
    Also looking for any recommendations similar.

cheers.

Mate, that record is monstorously hard to find. I have also never seen a copy, although I have heard people say they know people who have copies, but I am moderately sceptical.

Im not so much sceptical,but definately curios.
    Would like to know whats on the flip for sure, there is no reference at all in any serious NZ record guides,incl the 'Just for the record' 1949-1997 book which
    is quite a definitive discography.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Yeah dude, that 45 is hella rare, the LP also only pops up every now & then. You'd think it would be easier to come up on considering it was like Jazz album of the year, but then I guess it probably would've only had to sell like 5 copies to win that prize. It was all the hot AK Jazz dudes of the time, Frank Gibson, Martin Winch etc. What other stuff you after? I have heaps of kiwi stuff from that era. Where in NZ are you?

• It took me 2 years or so to find the dr tree lp. Apparently the 7' was only released as a radio promo. If your after similar stuff I'd recommend some 70's work by the rodger fox big band,golden horn big band, quincy conserve etc...rodger fox lp's like 'timepiece' (with the kool and the gang cover of open sesame) are fairly easy to find.

otherwise there are some good new zealand/australian comps, the respect overdue series are solid, as is the luv n' haight 'heading in the right direction' comp, which has eugino d on it.

happy digging!

Have you heard the live Dr Tree stuff on the Tauranga Jazz Festival '73 & '74 albums?

Havent heard those live albums as yet, any good??.

Im in New Plymouth btw, have been lurking soulstrut for a while.

You guys heard any of these:

Space Case - Space Case 2 - Lp - Ode 1983.

Collision - S/T - interfusion - 1978

Redeye - S/T - EMI - 1977

New Zealand Trading Company - S/T - Lp - Memphis - 1970
    (this one i have heard clips of, need to hear more)

I havent, would like to know if its any good soul,funk,jazz breaks etc?.

I have these,

Golden Horn big band - s/t
    Golden horn big band - Its a dream
    Dr Tree - s/t
    Quincy Conserve - Epitaph
    - Listen
    - s/t
    Roger fox - Timpiece.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    Mate, that record is monstorously hard to find. I have also never seen a copy, although I have heard people say they know people who have copies, but I am moderately sceptical.

I have a copy. It's an EMI radio promo.

Still sceptical?

Bevan

• I'm looking for a copy of Dr. Tree if anybody is holding.

Still sceptical?

Yep.

Seriously Bev,
    if you got it, post a scan.
    I'm not saying I don't believe you, but a picture of it would certainly make me less sceptical.

• per0per0 153 Posts
    Ashrock,

I have a minty white label promo of the Doc. Cover is as normal.

[email]perish@optusnet.com.au[/email]

Still sceptical?

Yep.

Seriously Bev,
    if you got it, post a scan.
    I'm not saying I don't believe you, but a picture of it would certainly make me less sceptical.

Mark,

Actually, I really couldn't give a fuck what you think. Keep runnin' your mouth off about me, but rest assured it will catch up with your weasel ass when I get down to Sydney at the end of this year. Until then...

Bevan

• idemidem 98 Posts
    I HAVE A SPARE OF SPACE CASE 2 AND COLLISION LPS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION
    WHAT HAVE YOU GOT TO TRADE FOR THESE
    PM ME

JOHN...

Bev,
    since you insist on dragging this out in the open, and you also insist on holding a grudge about something that had nothing to do with you in the first place, I'll respond.

I haven't been running my mouth about you, whatever that means, and whatever other paranoid delusions of importance you hold are also probably false too.

I asked about a record.

get over yourself man. I don't care about you enough to make this a serious issue. I'm amazed that you do.

Peace
    Mark

Bev,
    since you insist on dragging this out in the open, and you also insist on holding a grudge about something that had nothing to do with you in the first place, I'll respond.

I haven't been running my mouth about you, whatever that means, and whatever other paranoid delusions of importance you hold are also probably false too.

I asked about a record.

get over yourself man. I don't care about you enough to make this a serious issue. I'm amazed that you do.

Peace
    Mark

Dude, you're the biggest shit talker in Australia mate. For some odd fucking reason *YOU* can't keep my fucking name outta your mouth. Every time I get on MSN, another person is cutting and pasting me smart remarks your making. Your big mouth is what got you in trouble in your own city AND with me in the first place.

You dissed one of the most established pionners of hip-hop in your own city (Sydney) and I defended them because as a young buck in the 90s they schooled me and the person in question put me up numerous times at their house. That's real, not trading some shitty Aussie Don Burrows record. At the same time, I didn't hate you and made an effort to still remain cool with you, I tried over 10 times to contact you, but you acted like a little bitch and had a hissy fit everytime. Now it's too late. I don't fuck around son, trust me you'll see...

Bevan

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    this is great... i know having some issues with another dude or camp is wack but these are the posts that entertain me.

THANKS KIN & SHEEP...

this is great... i know having some issues with another dude or camp is wack but these are the posts that entertain me.

THANKS KIN & SHEEP...
    Yeah guys, plaese be sure to post video of the upcoming "Thunder Down Under" bout so we can all see how it squares off.