BEST HIP-HOP PRODUCERS OF ALL TIME

13»

Comments

• BeatChemist said:
    Seeing as this thread got a little de-railed, I'm gonna go ahead and welcome h20 to the board! :hi:

Hello

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    Big KRIT = my favorite producer RIGHT NOW.

I would like KRIT's productions a lot more if he didn't insist on rapping on them as well.

Focusing on producers who are still on the up:

Plus one for:

Mike Will Made It
    Harry Fraud
    Tree

Also has anyone mentioned DJ Mustard yet?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Junior said:
    HarveyCanal said:

I would like KRIT's productions a lot more if he didn't insist on rapping on them as well.

Booooooooooooo!

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    As well as being a great producer, Big KRIT's rapping is a big part of what makes his album so good.

Also:
    DJ Khalil - unfortunately Dr Dre has decided to lock away all this guy's beats into his Detox vaults and will never see the light of day.

HarveyCanal said:
    Junior said:
    HarveyCanal said:

Booooooooooooo!

Ha! I don't find him intolerable, I just find he tends to suck the life out of his production. It's like there seems to be a lack of either engaging subject matter or vocal style to work up some energy over the beats and I zone out. I do find him much more appealing when he's partnered up with more dynamic rappers or makes beats for other people though.

Sorry, don't see it. I love his rapping. Subject matters and all.

Yep, fair enough, more than happy to put that one down to differences in personal taste and, back to the original topic, I have no issues with his production skills.

Junior said:
    Yep, fair enough, more than happy to put that one down to differences in personal taste and, back to the original topic, I have no issues with his production skills.

Saul Good. You routinely ride for a lotta other good stuff, so ain't much harm in being monumentally wrong about this one thing...ha.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I missed this thread first time around.

I'm assuming it's just the general indifference on here to Wiz Khalifa's output that accounts for the absence of Cardo amongst the shouts for new producers.

• rain103rain103 476 Posts
    Honorable mentions (not already said):
    Da Beatminerz
    Just Blaze
    Trackmasters *grabs popcorn and waits*