Unearthed Elliott Smith Lost Footage From John Brion Show

SaracenusSaracenus 671 Posts
edited January 2013 in Strut Central
My brother and I attended the high school with Elliot, though my brother was the one who really knew him. I thought i would share this recently unearthed video of him performing on a show that was shot for VH1... don't know if it ever aired. Here is the footage (43 min. and recovered from VHS, so there is some distortions to the video).

Link to the Huffpost article where I found this (link). There is more background on the performance and the unearthing of the footage.

RIP Elliott.

Comments

• Saracenus said:
    My brother and I attended the high school with Elliot, though my brother was the one who really knew him. I thought i would share this recently unearthed video of him performing on a show that was shot for VH1... don't know if it ever aired. Here is the footage (46 min. and recovered from VHS, so there is some distortions to the video).

Link to the Huffpost article where I found this (link). There is more background on the performance and the unearthing of the footage.

RIP Elliott.

cool thanks.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    Enjoyed watching this, thanks.

• You are both welcome. I was great to see him again, doing something he loved.

• Thank you for sharing this. I lived in Portland for seven years (1996-2003), and Elliott's music I lived and breathed for a long time, and was able to have a drink with him back when he was playing a show with Quasi at the (now defunct) EJ's many years ago. Great, great talent and amazing songwriter.