Southern Ireland? and equipment question

AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
edited January 2013 in Strut Central
Does anyone know a lot about taking a few days road trip in Southern Ireland and good things to see and do? And if that person were to have a DJ gig in Limerick at a castle, where can they rent a full PA and equipment for an evening either privately or from a good local rental company? Thanks for any info!

Comments

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    I spent a week on the Dingle peninsula back in the late 80's with my old GF and it was really great. The locals were incredibly kind and generous and we ended up meeting Seamus Heaney (he pulled over and offered us a ride), who proceeded to show us around the area for the next three days. I had no idea who he was (nor would he tell us), so I didn't find out it was him until a few days later after we parted ways. I had a feeling he was somebody because he literally knew everybody everywhere we went and we were clearly getting VIP treatment because we were with him.

Anyway, that probably won't happen to you, but everybody we met went way out of their way to show us stuff, feed us and, of course, buy endless pints of Guinness, which we basically lived on for a week. There was tons of amazing stuff that was not landmarked in anyway - old castles, stone beehive dwellings etc which we would never have found if we weren't shown them.

I'm sure it's changed somewhat, but the whole area was beautiful and much of it seemed like out of another century. SH also showed us the Ring of Kerry, which lived up to it's rep. If renting a car is in your budget (I got huge discounts because I was a AAA member, far in excess of my membership dues), I would highly recommend it because the countryside is so amazing.

• sounds like you have fond old memories of your trip to the region. thanks for sharing that story, we will most certainly will have a car.

any Irish strut peeps who have thoughts about the equipment question too and want to post or would rather pm me i would be most appreciative.

• You're probably better off asking on vg+.

Have a safe trip!

• I'm in the South East of Ireland, not near Limerick so can't help with the equipment issue.

Two things, be prepared for alot of rain & don't expect to find anything remotely interesting vinyl wise

• mickalphabetmickalphabet deep inna majestic segue 374 Posts
    AKallDay said:
    Does anyone know a lot about taking a few days road trip in Southern Ireland and good things to see and do? And if that person were to have a DJ gig in Limerick at a castle, where can they rent a full PA and equipment for an evening either privately or from a good local rental company? Thanks for any info!

Sure, im in these parts. How long have you got? When roughly are you coming over? And I'll PM you contact of a local reliable with a funktion one set and all the bits.