Possible craziest record listening room?

DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
edited January 2013 in Strut Central
Edit: I probably should have put dorkiest in the title instead.

Dude from my city loves trains...

Built a train car in his basement and converted the washroom to hold his records and equipment.

Mentions the record/washroom at about 1:30 in.

I'm really surprised his wife let him do this...

Comments

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    I'm really surprised he has a wife...

• Kind of cool for the grand kids. Could have been much worse. At least he says you need to be insane and have an amazing wife. he wasn't even an uber dork or anything.

A bizarre fixation and goal, but well executed and kind of cool. Don't front like you wouldn't listen to records on your own private rail car.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,235 Posts
    NEXT STOP: DORKVILLE

but the craftsmanship is impressive.

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    This man is very, very, very Canadian.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Better a train than a dungeon...

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Do you think he and his amazing wife ever, you know... in the train?

• white_tea said:

Maybe even to the train sounds and THAT MUSIC.

Sorry the music from that video just makes my brain itch.

• double poast

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    white_tea said:
    All aboard!!

I can't see why any spouse would have a problem 'letting' the other one do up the basement like this. If s/he doesn't use the space and isn't expected to clean it..whatever. Only issue I can foresee is if it lowers the resale value.

bassie said:
    I can't see why any spouse would have a problem 'letting' the other one do up the basement like this. If s/he doesn't use the space and isn't expected to clean it..whatever. Only issue I can foresee is if it lowers the resale value.

I doubt the guy has any intention of selling that house now. He probably wants to buried in his train.

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts
    I never thought I had claustrophobia until I watched that. Also, there are lots of dr. who sized plot-holes... like, did he built the train skeleton BEFORE he knew he would be getting tons of interior parts from scrap? What was he planning to fill it in with?

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Danno3000 said:
    I'm really surprised he has a wife...

:comedy_gold:

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    white_tea said:

No, but I think he's probably yanked the communication cord a few times....

• YemskyYemsky 708 Posts
    button said:
    I never thought I had claustrophobia until I watched that. Also, there are lots of dr. who sized plot-holes... like, did he built the train skeleton BEFORE he knew he would be getting tons of interior parts from scrap? What was he planning to fill it in with?

Exactly.

I can not believe it feels anything like a real train. I

Where between sealed OG, remastered reissue and bootleg compilation does this sit?

t might get close to resembling a broken down train stuck in a tunnel. At least he should have install some pneumatic suspension to simulate vibrations. I can not imagine napping on a train (real or fake) that's stationary. Give me some bum-bump, bum-bump and I'd enjoy the ride.

Yemsky said:
    Give me some bum-bump, bum-bump and I'd enjoy the ride.

double poast

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Maybe wifey got tired of him cranking his tunes and had the brilliant idea of soundproofing the train... Problem solved.

I'd actually like to check his train out and hear how it actually sounds.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I can't see the clip - please blow my mind and tell me he doesn't listen to classic rock.

• Disappointed there's no huge plasma screens showing cityscapes rushing by. He's really dropped the ball on that.